PDA

View Full Version : rx7 setup

mr j.t
20-06-2006, 12:01 AM
hey all,

hoping that someone will be able to help me with a setup on my rx7.
have just bought a aquamist 1s system which i plan to use as a safety measure on the car (reduce temps) rather then use it for a tune (not increasing the boost)

was wondering what i need to do as in injector size etc etc
any help please

sdminus
20-06-2006, 07:55 AM
What is the spec of your car. I really would tune for it if you want to see a psotive effect. The stock AIT wont be fast enough to react whilst on boost squirting. If not expect to see a drop of about 5-10 hp on a near stock set up.

Scott

mr j.t
20-06-2006, 01:21 PM
hey sdminus, the spec is single T04R tub. 850's on pri's and sec's. running a tommi 280 fuel pump. running 428 atw. just want to use it to reduce temps first off will use it for a map once i get the 1680 and fuel rail deleivered.

any help tho please. where to insert the jet. and the size pretty please

mr j.t
20-06-2006, 01:21 PM
hey sdminus, the spec is single T04R tub. 850's on pri's and sec's. running a tommi 280 fuel pump. running 428 atw. just want to use it to reduce temps first off will use it for a map once i get the 1680 and fuel rail deleivered.

any help tho please. where to insert the jet. and the size pretty please

sdminus
20-06-2006, 01:44 PM
Your inj duty must be pretty high at the mo.
I would put the jet just downstream of the throttle body. Eg near the top of the elbow to get even atomisation over the two secondary runners.

I would get the amounts of water small if you only wanna effect the charge temps. In your case less will be more.
Who is going to map it for you ?
I would say that the amount you inject will depend on the temp of the air its to be injected into. What is you average charge temps ?

you are currently flowing 821 CFM or there abouts with 44gph @100%idc guessing at about 1.10 -1.20 bar @ 10.8 afr
From my logic i think you are going to need a jet capable of flowing about 3 GPH to get near full atomistaion ( too aid cooling without adjusting fueling )

There is a jet comparison on here somewhere or some nice person may translate for you.

how is MRC LOL

Scott

mr j.t
20-06-2006, 05:29 PM
he sdminus.

im running 0.85 bar boost. so u say run the smallest jet size and inject on the greddy elbow. this will help with boost temps?

do you know anywhere i can get a quicker reacting ait sensor

sdminus
20-06-2006, 06:58 PM
You will benefit most from full atomistion so injectin g small amounts in to hot air will make that happen really fast. I can give you more precise figures if you tell me an average charge temp. Do you run a FMIC ?

There is a thread on MRC about AIT sensors. Somebody located one. Im yet to change mine. If you search for sdminus you will find a thread about how long the sensor takes to react. Its all fact and was logged on the way back from RS3.

I have models for water and 50:50 meth water. I am currently trying to come up with a better way to get a closer match for water but i am involved in something that i feal is better than water currently.

Scott

mr j.t
20-06-2006, 08:09 PM
im running a rmajic 4" deep fmi intake temps are about 36* during day up to about 45* with heat soak.

so a 50/50 water meths would be best?

sdminus
20-06-2006, 09:02 PM
I never said that. It will really depend on the tuner.

You can achieve what you need with water. When you add meth you start to add fuel to the situation. This will alter the tune providing the tuner is aware of this and knows how to approach it.

There really is no simple answer to it.

mr j.t
20-06-2006, 09:56 PM
ok as for the jet size go for the smallest possible.....
and have it injected at the start of the greddy elbow?