PDA

View Full Version : SRT4 + 50Trim + enough fuel for my needs = what mixture?

Stage2BlackSRT4
14-06-2007, 12:26 AM
SRT4 + 50Trim + enough fuel for my needs = what mixture?

2005 SRT4 ? Modifications listed in link at bottom of page (including non performance adding).

I?m running about 21psi about 11.0 and should be close to or just over 400 HP with a good tune set up (but no dyno so just a guess really at this point).

Right now I?m running 100% distilled water, anyone have a recommendation that I try more methanols in my mixture? I don?t need the fuel and am getting zero knock retard (ignition retard) on my OB2 gauge, but I was told Methanol would be a more efficient mixture (50/50 specifically), and perhaps I could pull more fuel and get more timing.

On the stock trubo set up I ran a 50/50 mix but I'm getting less knock with the 100 even with a MUCH bigger turbo.

However, what is better at suppressing knock? Water? Methanol? Or mix of the 2?

W/I is just one 6GH (about 322 CC a min at 150psi) mounted in my UPP pipe near the throttle body set to come on at about 7PSI with a simple boost presser switch.

Any and all recommendations or advice especially from people running a SRT4 + big turbo set up I?m pretty new to anything but the basics of W/I even though I have been running it for a while. I would like to eventually upgrade to a better kit.

Thanks,
Andrew

Modifications:

Link to here so see a list: http://www.ridespace.net/rides/10450/