PDA

View Full Version : W.I VS Cry02

schwitzer turbo
07-09-2007, 12:09 PM
http://www.designengineering.com/images/products/thumbs/cryo2_product_banner2.jpg

Since i am a Home made turbo kind of guy i thought of inventing sumthing similar but i see it has already landed at our shores.... What impact did this product have on the International Markets(Non African)

If you missed the article go check it . its basically like a Nos cooling system for your car. Cools your feul lines, top boost pipe and bottem boost pipe and your intercooler, Except its not Nos its icy Carbon Dioxide hence a Ship load cheaper..

The Summary of it all is a on a slight Modded scooby power went up buy 20kw and 60nm 1000RPM ealier with no addional Tuning! Thats Great for a Non -intrusive modification @ only 5K and bottle refills from R100-00.

I would like to know what all y'all think of the product & article?

My question's can this dude with the scooby come on line and chat to us about how he uses it and who is distributing ?
at the Track will u be classed as Using NOS? etc tons of question, if you get to heavy with the Co2 can u freeze up your petrol? How did this Gizmo Effect the EGT? was the Scooby suffering over heating before hence seeked this.

If i already have WI how will this affect my setup.

With this stuff there is no Tuning need(Tuning will bring out more power yes)
Water Meth can make alot more power but needs tuning?

any thoughts guys?

http://www.iformation.co.za/scoupe/cry.jpg

hotrod
11-09-2007, 05:37 AM
The bulb part of it (intake air chiller) has not been too popular from what I have seen but the spray loops are being used.
Fuel coolers are questionable. It might cool the fuel so much that fuel evaporation basically stops.

Part of that is many of the drag racing organizations prohibit mixture cooling on the NA cars and most of the boosted cars are using a conventional intercooler and if they use a CO2 spray setup to chill the intercooler it is the spray loop design.

It should work in theory, but when it first came out I called the company and was not all that impressed with the answers I got.
Their advertising mentioned that it cooled off the intake mixture by x and when I asked for specifics of the test I got a run around they would not tell me what initial and final temp the intake air was , what size engine it was tested on nothing useful.
I may have simply been talking to a receptionist while the real sales guy was out to lunch but I never went any farther with it.

It would have the same plumbing complexity of a simple nitrous system with only a fraction of the additional power potential, but mostly I was worried about ice shedding into the throttle butterflies. It would be a bad thing if a big chunk of ice held the throttle blades open at the end of a drag strip.

Larry

JohnA
19-09-2007, 01:04 PM
I agree, without any useable figures (airflow and pre/after temps) how can we tell how (or IF) this air intake 'chiller' works?

schwitzer turbo
04-12-2007, 09:19 AM
So what would you say ?

80% of its Power lye's in the Spray Bar. making it the Most important part of the Puzzle?

If you could put these parts in priority order how would the list go?

1) Spray bar
2) Fuel Chiller
2) After Intercooler air Chiller
3) before Intercooler air chiller