PDA

View Full Version : 2d on 02Sti

tarmacsti
18-02-2008, 07:14 AM
Hi everyone,
I need some help please, I have installed my 2d system in my 02 Subaru Impreza sti and the High-speed valve won?t open to spray the water? The water light on the FIA2 showing me that the system should spray does come on but it does not spray?

If I pull off 1 of the wires from the Pressure switch (806-157) while the car is running and rev the car it does spray like mad.

My suspicion is that the Pressure switch (806-157) needs to be adjusted?

Some background info - the system was originally in my Audi S3 which boosted 1,5 bar... I sold the Audi and bought the Subaru. I installed the system in the Subaru exactly it was in the Audi using the Schematic diagram as reference. I have not yet installed the jet into the intercooler as yet for obvious testing reasons.

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys!
:D

wred
20-02-2008, 10:11 PM
Did you mean 1.5 bar? That's about half a bar higher than the sti's stock boost pressure. What pressure did you have the fia2 activate at on your S3?

tarmacsti
21-02-2008, 06:21 AM
It activated at 0.7bar I set it to 0.5 on the suby... like I said the light comes on when I drive the car and it reaches 0.5... unless the light has nothing to do with the activation of the spray?

nutron
23-02-2008, 08:13 PM
I just wound the pressure switch out until it was on all the time and wired up a microswitch for full throttle. That way I use alot less juice and it doesn't run when I'm accelerating on cruise control or hold high speeds on the motorway.

jaxscuby
17-04-2008, 05:30 PM
do you have a vaccum pump & guage handy?
i set on to activate @ 5 psi instead of default of 7 psi.