PDA

View Full Version : Few questions

MadMatt
03-04-2009, 05:37 PM
Hello everyone !

I have got an aquamist system, but I've got few questions :

1) Is there a maximum pipe length for the one which goes from the pump to the intercooler ?
2) Is there a non-returning valve available to fit on this pipe, so there is an immediate response in the injection ?
3) How do I know which water jet size I need ?
4) As the pump will be fitted more than 1m away from the battery, which wire size should I use ?
5) Which manifold pressure switch do I need, considering the car will boost up to 2.3bars of relative pressure (3.3 absolute) ?

Thank you in advance for your help ! :D

Richard L
05-04-2009, 06:07 PM
Hello everyone !

I have got an aquamist system, but I've got few questions :

1) Is there a maximum pipe length for the one which goes from the pump to the intercooler ?
2) Is there a non-returning valve available to fit on this pipe, so there is an immediate response in the injection ?
3) How do I know which water jet size I need ?
4) As the pump will be fitted more than 1m away from the battery, which wire size should I use ?
5) Which manifold pressure switch do I need, considering the car will boost up to 2.3bars of relative pressure (3.3 absolute) ?

Thank you in advance for your help ! :D

1) Two meters of 4mm is acceptable with too much poressure loss. We tried 12 feet of 4mm hose, we lost 10psi with a 1mm nozzle.
2) Yes we have a 15psi checkvalve 806-249.
3) 10 to 15% of water to fuel flow is normal without a tune.
4) If you need to extand the harness by another 3M, a #8/10AWG cable must be used.
5) We have 806-157 N/C pressure adjustable from 0.25-2 bar.

MadMatt
07-06-2009, 04:58 PM
The pump will be mounted 2 meters away from the battery, so as I understood, I can use a 8mm2 cable to connect it to the battery ? Can I directly connect that big cable to the small wiring loom of the pump or do I have to open it and to completely redo the loom ?

As you told me I will get a 15psi check valve. The best is to mount it directly before the water jet, is that right ? :)

And finally for the pressure switch, shouldn't I get the 2-10bars version ? As I understand, if I have an absolute turbo pressure of 3.5bars, the water should be pushed in with at least 3.5 bars of pressure, meaning the 0.25-2bar one won't be enough ?

Thank you in advance ! :D

Richard L
17-06-2009, 09:15 AM
If the pump is only 2M away from the battery, you can use the supplied harness.

Where are you located? It may be more cost effective if you purchase the checkvalve locally.

The pressure switch is set the starting point of the system, it doesn't have to cover the entire pressure range.

MadMatt
22-06-2009, 08:12 AM
Hello,

I live in switzerland so I think there is no supplier for the check valve there. :( Could you supply the check valve or do I have to try one of the UK supplier ?

And there is no wiring loom with the pump as the previous user just cut the wires :roll: :mad: This is why I would prefer doing it myself. I will just use 6 mm2 cables I think.

Thank you for your help ! :)

Richard L
11-07-2009, 06:41 PM
Yes you can order one diretcly from us, ring +44 1273 581007. Part number 806-249 for 4mm OD hose. It should be in stock by next week.