PDA

View Full Version : HFS-6 DOA?

Crazy AWD
17-08-2009, 05:58 AM
Checked the power connection. I have 12V on the red wire and a good ground on the black/white wires. Wires appear as such:

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/HFS6/4-way-col.gif

I get 12V on both sides of the fuse.

Ground wires to chasses shows little resistance.

However, I get no lights on the HFS-6 control board nor any lights on any of the RJ45 connectors. I also don't hear any relays click when the car is in position II and the red wire is powered.

I'm still looking at the circuit board for a bad solder joint but haven?t been able to find one.

I'm thinking my board is defective. :(

Richard L
17-08-2009, 12:09 PM
Just to nbe obvious, if the gauge on/off button depressed?

The system will not switch on until you applied a 12V to the red wire of the yellow harness. Check the connection and let me know.

If the green led is not lit on the yellow RJ connetor, It confirmd that the red red is not seeing a 12V.

Crazy AWD
17-08-2009, 03:24 PM
The system will not switch on until you applied a 12V to the red wire of the yellow harness. Check the connection and let me know.

Bingo! That's what I overlooked. I will try that and report back. (wanted to test the system first before getting into the ECU box.

Crazy AWD
17-08-2009, 03:54 PM

Bingo! That's what I overlooked. I will try that and report back. (wanted to test the system first before getting into the ECU box.

Put a test +12V to the red wire in the yellow harness and the test worked perfectly! Thank you for the rapid support Richard!!! :D

Richard L
18-08-2009, 12:39 AM
Thanks for the update. much appreciated. :D