PDA

View Full Version : Aquamist system on 04 STi Impreza?

ScoobyDoo69
06-01-2010, 04:04 PM
Hey all,

Hope this is in the right place?

Looking for a bit of advice. I have an '04 STi Impreza, which I want to add a water/meth kit, preferably Aquamist on to. But I've seen a few things that confuse me..

Firstly, where does the Aquamist system get it's signal from for where to start pumping, what rate etc. I've seen MAF sensor, MAP, injector voltage, and RPM sensor. Are these right? How do they work?

Secondly, why have I seen some systems running two injectors? Some right next to each other, and different size nozzles? How do I know what I will require to run in terms of nozzles.

Thirdly, water/meth with octane booster? Does it go well.. if at all?

Lastly, what kit is best for me? I intend to run an aftermarket ECU setup, with switchable mapping, so obviously I can have the water injection off when I don't need it. But all the kits confuse me, I would love to have the option of the gauge so I can keep my eye on everything :)

Thanks for any advice given, and sorry if this is in the wrong place!

Regards,

ScoobyDoo69

Howerton Engineering
06-01-2010, 06:35 PM
Aquamist systems typically read the fuel injector duty cycle for most of the injection criteria. This depends upon which kit you get, but the most popular in recent years for your application is the HFS series of kits. These will have an adjustment pot on the control board for the starting point for the injection, based on IDC. The injection rate is then metered in proportion to the fuel delivery. Some kits have other adjustments available for fine tuning the delivery for heavily modified cars.

Some cars run multiple injectors due to the delivery amount needed for the application. The rate of delivery for 100% water injection can be half of what is required for 100% methanol injection. When using higher rates of methanol, the single biggest jet available from Aquamist can be exceeded, hence the need for multiple jets.

Water/meth can typically stand on its own as a knock suppressant, but more never hurts. Just remember, octane booster in the gas tank is fine, in the water/meth system is strictly prohibited, as it will destroy the system.

Take a look at the forum here and you will see the HFS3 and HFS6 kits explained. The HFS2 will be released concurrently with the HFS3. Chances are one of these systems will work best for your application and we can dive into more specific recommendations for you.

We have a typical install on an 06 STI with pictures on our website is you are interested in taking a look.

ScoobyDoo69
15-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Ok thanks, I shall have a look !