PDA

View Full Version : HFS-6 won't spray?

Pit Viper
26-02-2010, 03:34 PM
On my way home yesterday, I noticed my system was kicking on, but no flow registered.
I went home, disconnected the line from the nozzles, and moved the jumper from Park to Test. The pump kicked on, and was running strong, but nothing was coming out the end of the line.

While the pump was still running, I loosened the line from the pump at the flow control module. Water started spraying out, so there's pressure right up to the module. Then I loosened the line from the module to the nozzles, but nothing came out. Any idea why it's not flowing through the module itself?

Richard L
26-02-2010, 08:26 PM
On my way home yesterday, I noticed my system was kicking on, but no flow registered.
I went home, disconnected the line from the nozzles, and moved the jumper from Park to Test. The pump kicked on, and was running strong, but nothing was coming out the end of the line.

While the pump was still running, I loosened the line from the pump at the flow control module. Water started spraying out, so there's pressure right up to the module. Then I loosened the line from the module to the nozzles, but nothing came out. Any idea why it's not flowing through the module itself?

It is possible for a piece of debris trapped on the valve seat. Unfortunately most of the parts are loctited trogether. I will send you a new FCM to swap the existing valve. Once you have installed the new FCM, can you USPS the problem vlave to me? Your system is still is under warranty. Same address?

Pit Viper
26-02-2010, 08:36 PM

It is possible for a piece of debris trapped on the valve seat. Unfortunately most of the parts are loctited trogether. I will send you a new FCM to swap the existing valve. Once you have installed the new FCM, can you USPS the problem vlave to me? Your system is still is under warranty. Same address?

Same address, and as always, thank you very much, Richard. I'll be happy to USPS the problem valve back to you.

Richard L
26-02-2010, 08:55 PM
It will be Monday at the earliest. The newer FCM flows slightly more.

Richard

Prometeus
31-07-2010, 01:35 PM
We're with same trouble here in Italy for a BMW GP Mountain Racing car

Richard guess what engine I checked out for this performance :D

Richard L
15-08-2010, 01:33 PM
Prometeus,

Did the new FCM you requested work? This was based on your diagnosis.