PDA

View Full Version : Kit installed-here's what I see

Raceready
21-03-2010, 06:42 PM
Dropped my car off last weekend to have the kit installed and picked it up yesterday. I have the twin tank setup from howerton engineering and it's located in the trunk of my 03 wrx 2.5 hybrid (same as the sti photos on jeff's site). BTW jeff, that blue LED on the tank is pretty darn cool.

Before I left my installers place we emptied as much of the test water by going into the controller and using a screwdriver to trigger the system. It shot a stream of water about 10 feet...that was impressive. There was still some water left but below the threshhold so the yellow level light was on during the drive home and the on-off switch was in-operable (guess that's just the failsafe operating). When I got home I tried to suck as much of the water out and put in maybe half a gallon of 60-40 meth-water mix. The gauge came to life after a brief period after starting up the car (e.g, blinking lights).

I took the car out and did some pulls. The system triggered at about 5 psi and I saw a max of 4 bars at about max boost (18-20 psi). The engine also bogged down as the boost rose (not tuned yet).

So, does all that seem normal or are there adjustments I should make prior to my tune? I haven't thoroughly read the instruction booklet so maybe the answers are in there. But, should I be seeing more bars and does onset at 5 psi seem too early?

Let me know what you guys think. I have 850 injectors, currently running 20 psi of boost but plan on 22-23 after tuning.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Gerry