PDA

View Full Version : Ok so i suck

lowandslow
01-06-2010, 04:21 AM
i installed the meth kit the other day and was running throw the quick setup and did not work the way it was suppose to.
when you turn it on and your looking at the yellow and green leds and they are suppose to flicker back and forth well they don't
i may have the red wire that goes to the ecu hooked up wrong. i have it hooked to (injector +) is that right? i don't know why no led flash you can hear it clicking with the speed of the injector but not flashing
could use some help here

thanks

Howerton Engineering
01-06-2010, 04:25 AM
The red wire to the FI+ and the green to the FI-. The are exceptions, the Subaru's like it hooked up at the ECU, the FI is too noisy.

What car are you installing it in?

lowandslow
01-06-2010, 01:52 PM
its in a 02 wrx , i did tag in to the wires at the ecu , it is a little loud the clicking but i thought that the leds were suppose to flash with the clicking, why is there like 6 wire for the ecu but you only use 3 of them ?

Howerton Engineering
01-06-2010, 09:40 PM
I'm not sure which clicking you are talking about. The green LED will flash with the fuel injector pulse.

The FCM pulses at a fixed frequency while injecting.

If you can clarify the issue and when it is happening we can narrow it down.

lowandslow
04-06-2010, 12:02 PM
Ok so I do not get any green lights to flash but the clicking goes along with what the injector pulse would sound like

The gauge only lights up when you hit the purge or what ever that button is on the gauge

And all the leds for the plugs are green but the user plug and the ecu is green and yellow

Howerton Engineering
04-06-2010, 03:22 PM
The button on the gauge is the system power button. This has to be IN for the system to operate.