PDA

View Full Version : Failsafe activation on a Blitz SBC I-D iii

Shuasha
10-08-2010, 03:56 AM
I've been messing with this for a bit. I have an HFS-5 and am wanting to configure the fail safe. It appears that the dual solenoid for this boost controller won't drop down to spring pressure when I cut power to it, in fact, it causes an overboost.

Does anybody have any experience with these dual solenoid units? My guess is that cutting the power to the unit will also cause an overboost condition.

Howerton Engineering
10-08-2010, 04:24 AM
Do you have a link to the manual?

Shuasha
10-08-2010, 04:45 AM
I've found the v10, but not the v9 manual. It doesn't get into detail about EBC configs, only MBC's.

Howerton Engineering
10-08-2010, 04:54 AM
I'm interested in the Blitz manual.

Shuasha
10-08-2010, 05:30 AM
I'm interested in the Blitz manual.
Ahh, it's very basic.. just says to hook up the power and ground wires. It doesn't give a pin-out for the sub-harnesses.

http://www.blitzpowerusa.com/techsupport/pdf/sbc_i-d_iii.pdf

Howerton Engineering
10-08-2010, 05:47 AM
Just taking a quick look at it the controller has a scramble boost function that allows a temporary raising and lowering of boost. On some controllers this can be actuated by an optional harness and a wire rather than the control panel buttons on the unit. Other than hacking the existing harness, you would probably need to look into the scramble function/optional harness closer, or buy a secondary solenoid(MAC Valve) to dump boost to wastegate pressure.

Shuasha
16-08-2010, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the valve guys. What's the best way to deploy this with an EBC?

nicky turboboy
26-10-2010, 08:42 PM
Just taking a quick look at it the controller has a scramble boost function that allows a temporary raising and lowering of boost. On some controllers this can be actuated by an optional harness and a wire rather than the control panel buttons on the unit. Other than hacking the existing harness, you would probably need to look into the scramble function/optional harness closer, or buy a secondary solenoid(MAC Valve) to dump boost to wastegate pressure.

jeff i run Icolor EBC and i used MAC valve to cut pressure signal into the dual niod box.