PDA

View Full Version : Rotary "Summer" Unit GB interest

Drunkengimp
06-12-2010, 11:03 PM
Who's interested in an Aquamist "summer" solution for rotaries? I noticed a number of people posting about it on rx7club so I figured I'd see if there are more.

Links to some summer info:
http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=626836&highlight=summer%26quot;+%26quot;aquamis t&page=6
http://www.aquamist.co.uk/aqd/RX7/summer.html
Cliff notes: The summer module allows for more accurate IDC input for our cars (since rotaries have primary and secondary injection) for Aquamist AI kits.

- summer alone ...........$299
- summer + HFS3 .......... $120 + HFS-3
- summer + HFS-6 ........ $120 + HFS-6

Let's see if there is enough interest to convince Richard L to make some more XD.

1. Drunkengimp (summer+HFS3)
2. remydrm (summer+HFS3)
3. Snyrx7 (?)
4. trainwreck517 (summer alone)
5. MaD^94Rx7 (summer+HFS6)
6. r2omega (summer +HFS6)
7. FD-KAI (summer + HFS6)
8. RX72NR (summer + HFS6)
9. riprx7 (summer + HFS6)
10. browndog9 (summer + HFS6)
11. Supernaut (?)

remydrm
06-12-2010, 11:21 PM
2. remydrm (summer+HFS3)

SNYRX7
07-12-2010, 11:03 AM
#3. Snyrx7

Richard L
08-12-2010, 11:18 AM
#3. Snyrx7

Just need the summer alone?

Richard L
08-12-2010, 11:19 AM
Lets hope we get 20 people interest for the re-launch.

trainwreck517
09-12-2010, 07:03 AM
#4 interested in the summer alone.

Richard L
09-12-2010, 08:57 AM
Are you planning to run the summer as a stand-alone system?

You just need to add a constant pressure pump and an inline valve (ideally fast response type)

SNYRX7
09-12-2010, 03:56 PM
Looking for a complete kit including summer

Richard L
09-12-2010, 08:36 PM
There are two kits on offer, HFS-3 and HFS-6. Bith will woth with the summer. If like me to explain the differences between the two on the RX7 application, I am happy to do so.

trainwreck517
10-12-2010, 06:45 AM
Are you planning to run the summer as a stand-alone system?

You just mneed to add a constant pressure pump and an inline valve (ideally fast response type)

That's the plan. Talked to you a few weeks back about this (from rx7club.com forums).

Sure hope to see this unit come out in time for when I start cranking up the boost this coming season. :)

MaD^94Rx7
10-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Hi Richard
I am very interested in this. Can you please explain the difference between the 2 kits? What are the effects on the pump running 100% methanol? How much does the pump cost?
If i buy directly from you what would the cost of the HFS6 / HFS3 + summer be in ?

Pls reply on my email henri_chetcuti at onvol.net

thanks for your help & time
Henri

Richard L
10-12-2010, 11:18 PM
System cost: see here (http://www.aquamist.co.uk/aqd/aqd.html):
HFS-3: ............ ?480 + NO VAT (until mid January). ?576.00(from mid January)
HFS-6: ............ ?580 + NO VAT (until mid January). ?696.00(from mid January)

Water pump comparisons:
HFS-3 ............. constant 160psi by-pass water pump (100% methanol compatible - 12 months+) $199
HFS-6 ............. constant 160psi by-pass water pump + accumulator (100% methanol compatible - 12 months+) $199 + $50

Fast acting valve:
HFS-3 ............. Fast acting valve + turbine based flow sensor
HFS-6 ............. Fast acting valve + turbine based flow sensor

Dash gauge:
Same

User adjustable on-board trimmers:

User adjustable triggering point:
HFS-3 ............. 12%-72%
HFS-6 ............. 12%-72%

User of adjustable triggering point offset:
HFS-3: ........... % trigger point % = % methanol injection point
HFS-6: ........... % trigger point % = +/- 20% methanol injection point

User adjustable IDC% gain:
HFS-3: ........... -50% to 150%
HFS-6: ........... -50% to 150%

Manifold pressure compensation:
HFS-3: ........... none
HFS-6: ........... 0-20% gain

Failsafe trigger delay:
HFS-3: ........... 0.2 to 0.6 seconds
HFS-6: ........... 0.2 to 0.6 seconds

Failsafe trigger reset timer:
HFS-3: ........... 3 seconds (fixed)
HFS-6: ........... adjustable 1-6 seconds

riprx7
21-12-2010, 08:46 PM
HI..

I AM intrested in summer + HFS-6 ;)

When is this out for sale?

MaD^94Rx7
21-12-2010, 09:14 PM
I'm in too.

2. remydrm (summer+HFS3)
3. Snyrx7 (?)
4. trainwreck517 (summer alone)[/QUOTE]
5. MaD^94Rx7 (summer+HFS6) :)

r2omega
22-12-2010, 07:36 PM
I am interested. Will you honor the current prices on the HFS6 and HFS3 kits when the group buy actually happens?

2. remydrm (summer+HFS3)
3. Snyrx7 (?)
4. trainwreck517 (summer alone)[/quote]

FD-KAI
22-12-2010, 09:39 PM
There are two kits on offer, HFS-3 and HFS-6. Bith will woth with the summer. If like me to explain the differences between the two on the RX7 application, I am happy to do so.

if you be kind enough to do so... i'd be keen on summer + either HFS3/6 based on what is ideal for me.

MaD^94Rx7
22-12-2010, 09:52 PM
if you be kind enough to do so... i'd be keen on summer + either HFS3/6 based on what is ideal for me.

I think you can read through post no.12 a bit further up this page and have all the info you need. If thats not enough Richard will chime in...

Guys pass the word around about this Group Buy as its our only chance to get Aquamist to produce a new batch of summers for our 13B engines :)

FD-KAI
23-12-2010, 03:34 AM
2. remydrm (summer+HFS3)
3. Snyrx7 (?)

RX72NR
25-12-2010, 05:55 AM
Add me in for the HFS-6 and the summer

MaD^94Rx7
25-12-2010, 10:20 AM
2. remydrm (summer+HFS3)
3. Snyrx7 (?)

riprx7
27-12-2010, 05:48 PM
eyy,,,+++ me RIPRX7

MaD^94Rx7
27-12-2010, 06:22 PM
eyy,,,+++ me RIPRX7

Hi riprx7

you have to specify what you want exactly. Do you want just the Summer or HFS-6/HFS-3 + Summer...

2. remydrm (summer+HFS3)
3. Snyrx7 (?)
9. riprx7 (?? + ??)

riprx7
28-12-2010, 07:30 PM
Id like the summer with hfs-6, but if this takes to months get 20 people I think I just have to get the hfs-6. My car has to be ready in march.

MaD^94Rx7
28-12-2010, 07:33 PM
Well we have to pass the word on as much as we can or else when we manage 10 ppl we get 2 summers each lol :)

2. remydrm (summer+HFS3)
3. Snyrx7 (?)

RICE RACING
28-12-2010, 10:34 PM
It's good to see people with rotaries understanding water injection is the only way to make true reliable power ;)

Anyone in any doubts here is a thread (feel free to share and pass on) as to how well it works. Should be mandatory on all turbo rotaries :)

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=14063#post14063

^ 8000km of running at ~500bhp level over 80lt of WI used ........ that is (3+hours) at full power setting. And my original engine is like new. When rotaries at this level of power life span can be measured in seconds and minutes (at full power output) this WI just shows again why its the best technology man has ever engineered for the internal combustion engine :)

Hey Peter, thank for chiming in. There are still a great deal of people do not what water can do for making safe power. You have contributed a great deal already on this forum, keeping me up at soem nights.

Can you share some of the experiences on the effect of running 100% methanol instead of water. Most people on the RX7 club forum run pure methanol, do you think it is unnecessary where water or W50:M50 will do just as well? I am not familiar with rotaries.

MaD^94Rx7
29-12-2010, 02:27 AM
Hi Rice

thanks for that. I always read your threads and saw what you achieved on your site.
As you say there is only when way to go and thats with water injection.

Henri

browndog9
29-12-2010, 03:27 AM
it took me half a night to get to this point. Sorry if I am computer callenged but I'll bet I can change a tire as fast as anyone or better. I have said in more than one post I want one of these summers things. As for the 6 or 3 I guess I.ve got to go with the 6 . So now add me to the group. One last thing, Richard I have had the pleasure to read your posts. The have beeen very educational and I think we could definitely drink a glass of bitters together and talk.

RICE RACING
29-12-2010, 04:37 AM
Hi Rice

thanks for that. I always your your threads and saw whatyou achieved on your site.
As you say there is only when way to go and thats with water injection.

Henri

Thanks Henri,

Yes I not only believe so but unlike most I suppose I have proved it over the last 15 years of consistently using water injection on all kinds of rotaries (and lesser internal combustion principles!).

(This all has to be given some context)

I make the same power (with proven durability) ~500bhp
Than what Racing Beat made with factory bespoke 7.5:1 compression bridge ported, ICE water intercooled, twin turbocharged, open exhaust racing engines, on racing gasoline. (which set 244mph speed records in 1986, 238mph two way average).

There is no magic sauce in mechanical engineering (but WI comes close!), you make power by volumetric flow rates, mechanical and thermal efficiency. I run the std 9.0:1 compression ratio found in the 13B-REW, stock standard porting for intake and exhaust, and a small conventional type air to air intercooler (original SP rx7 item).

Water Injection is the only major secret?/magic? ingredient and a fine degree of tuning. Which allows what was only achievable on factory racing engines a few short years ago to now on stock standard parts, and a totally legal emissions engine........ unbelievable.

I class one of my biggest achievements is educating students and general public type people on the proven merits of Water Injection, and the power it can unleash while at the same time enhancing durability of your engine. If anyone needs any help feel free to read my thread or don't hesitate to ask Richard or other very experienced people who contribute here on how to get the same results we have all enjoyed over the years.

MaD^94Rx7
29-12-2010, 11:28 AM
2. remydrm (summer+HFS3)
3. Snyrx7 (?)

MaD^94Rx7
29-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Thanks Henri,

Yes I not only believe so but unlike most I suppose I have proved it over the last 15 years of consistently using water injection on all kinds of rotaries (and lesser internal combustion principles!).

(This all has to be given some context)

I make the same power (with proven durability) ~500bhp
Than what Racing Beat made with factory bespoke 7.5:1 compression bridge ported, ICE water intercooled, twin turbocharged, open exhaust racing engines, on racing gasoline. (which set 244mph speed records in 1986, 238mph two way average).

There is no magic sauce in mechanical engineering (but WI comes close!), you make power by volumetric flow rates, mechanical and thermal efficiency. I run the std 9.0:1 compression ratio found in the 13B-REW, stock standard porting for intake and exhaust, and a small conventional type air to air intercooler (original SP rx7 item).

Water Injection is the only major secret?/magic? ingredient and a fine degree of tuning. Which allows what was only achievable on factory racing engines a few short years ago to now on stock standard parts, and a totally legal emissions engine........ unbelievable.

I class one of my biggest achievements is educating students and general public type people on the proven merits of Water Injection, and the power it can unleash while at the same time enhancing durability of your engine. If anyone needs any help feel free to read my thread or don't hesitate to ask Richard or other very experienced people who contribute here on how to get the same results we have all enjoyed over the years.

Great Stuff! Any vids of your car hitting the limiter in 5th then? :)

MaD^94Rx7
29-12-2010, 11:42 AM
Hi guys

now that we're 10 of us on the list why not spk to a friend of ours that has a rotary and convince them to get 1 too. If we all manage 1 person we double up straight away hit 20ppl and the summer is in production. A little effort goes a long way :)

Richard L
29-12-2010, 09:39 PM
This is a very encouraging start.

I would like to update and improve some of the circuitry of the v2 summer to v3. This will enable user to HFS-xx user port to communicate with the v3 summer.

Since I have to restart the production anyway, it is a good time to update. I may take advantage of this holiday period to to work on the v3. Updating the system design is costing my time so it is OK, as far as I am concerned. It will also shorten the main production time.

Henri and many others such as OP for helping out and making this special group buy a reality.

Richard L
29-12-2010, 11:50 PM
Id like the summer with hfs-6, but if this takes to months get 20 people I think I just have to get the hfs-6. My car has to be ready in march.

It is possible to get the HFS-6 first get it installed and then put on the summer later.

Richard L
30-12-2010, 12:06 AM
it took me half a night to get to this point. Sorry if I am computer callenged but I'll bet I can change a tire as fast as anyone or better. I have said in more than one post I want one of these summers things. As for the 6 or 3 I guess I.ve got to go with the 6 . So now add me to the group. One last thing, Richard I have had the pleasure to read your posts. The have beeen very educational and I think we could definitely drink a glass of bitters together and talk.

The summer was developed a few years ago when someone told me the RX7 uses an unusual fuel delivery algorithm. Since all our systems use fuel flow as a reference to control flow, I had no choice but had to find a solution so that our system can work properly on the RX7.

Do you have bitter in the states? (Texas), I am very pleased that you have conquared the computer and posted here.

Richard L
30-12-2010, 12:14 AM
I am interested. Will you honor the current prices on the HFS6 and HFS3 kits when the group buy actually happens?

2. remydrm (summer+HFS3)
3. Snyrx7 (?)
6. r2omega (summer +HFS6)[/QUOTE]

I will promise to keep the price pegged.

Richard

Richard L
30-12-2010, 12:16 AM

I wonder if you still want me to explain after you have read the post #12?

The major difference between the H3 and H6 for the rotary is the boost compensation if you run 100% methanol.

RICE RACING
31-12-2010, 12:26 AM
It's good to see people with rotaries understanding water injection is the only way to make true reliable power ;)

Anyone in any doubts here is a thread (feel free to share and pass on) as to how well it works. Should be mandatory on all turbo rotaries :)

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=14063#post14063

^ 8000km of running at ~500bhp level over 80lt of WI used ........ that is (3+hours) at full power setting. And my original engine is like new. When rotaries at this level of power life span can be measured in seconds and minutes (at full power output) this WI just shows again why its the best technology man has ever engineered for the internal combustion engine :)

Hey Peter, thank for chiming in. There are still a great deal of people do not what water can do for making safe power. You have contributed a great deal already on this forum, keeping me up at soem nights.

Can you share some of the experiences on the effect of running 100% methanol instead of water. Most people on the RX7 club forum run pure methanol, do you think it is unnecessary where water or W50:M50 will do just as well? I am not familiar with rotaries.

Some one added the above in my post high lighted in bold.? I'll reply below.

100% Methanol is any inferior solution for the following reasons:

1> Increased knock.
2> Vastly Increased fluid usage to equal WI.
3> Quick fluid degradation over time.
4> Stress on system parts (corrosion, lack of lubrication, degrading all rubbers).
5> Tuning problems which greatly effect knock resistance.
6> QTY needed to equal majority WI mixtures or WI alone double to triple system weight!.
7> Excessive wash down of lubrication in engine.
8> FIRE hazard!
9> Narrow tuning window to stop knock far inferior to water or mixes of water
10> Totally not flexible (you have no meth then you are fucked!)! where as 50/50 W/M cars and and do run 100% water without any changes in tune or any set up changes! (the slightly leaner AFR setting is ideal for 100% water alone) so if your stuck somewhere no problem, just fill up on water ;) can't do this on 100% Meth set up!
(WI or 50/50 WI cars can run and make power from 10.2:1 AFR to 13.9:1 AFR) try that on pure meth add on set up like Americans preach and your rotary will be out in favor of a V8 conversion :( )
Methanol Injection is rubbish, but add water to the equation and its something that works, has been proven for a hundred years, and it THE best all round solution, I say the only real solution that is flexible, reliable, and has little excuses associated with its long term application in the real world.

I can't say why American after market automotive people are not with technology as it was developed during the war? To me it is crazy and simply points to lack of knowledge, education, and pure skill.

WI on its own works well, 50/50 by mass mixes with Methanol work in ALL situations, will never freeze, makes excellent power, and counters ALL of the negatives of running methanol alone. It is the complete solution. You can leave the fluid in mixed state for over a year exposed to air and it will always be consistent! (Unlike Methanol) that will degrade quickly and cause untold problems. Mixing 50/50 by mass it undergoes an exothermic reaction and its make up is permanently altered and it is very stable and consistent, giving almost all the water only attributes while being kinder to making power on fixed variables like boost, timing etc, and its easier if your system parts are not up to spec (like ignition capacity).

Methanol is just a cheap alternative and ill thought out (as are ANY alcohol fuels IMHO > E85 included). Its simple cause its easier to fire, but its horrendous to system parts, varies daily, store it too long and you will have a blow up machine BDC style!

The absolute ideal is gasoline main fuel, water/methanol in 50/50 ratio and injected at 40% to 25% of main fuel flow *BY MASS!!!*, it will make power on all set ups, be consistent, not rape any parts be it in your injection system or your engine.

It's not hard, you just need to follow what Frank Walker and many other Mechanical Engineers have been quoted on since early last century. A war was won with their brains V's today's internet forum wars of nobodies............... I know who I would rather believe and follow :)

Richard L
31-12-2010, 02:03 AM
Peter,

I may be have stepped out of line by moving this thread off topic. It was orignally intended to set up a group purchase for the RX7 summer unit we discontinued.

If you don't mind. I would like to correct this by putting this very interesting contribution by yourself on the "injection mixtures" forum. I would also like to discuss Frank walker's research paper of water/alcohol injection. I believe I have posted the link here somewhere.

Found it: http://enginehistory.org/Frank%20WalkerWeb1.pdf

RICE RACING
31-12-2010, 02:38 AM
I do not mind at all ;)

As the thread has been linked all over the place I though I would add some muscle behind it for people trolling in who might be sitting on the fence? or who are looking for some real knowledge.......... since I am very selective on which forums deserve my valuable input these days :)

Drunkengimp
31-12-2010, 08:51 AM
Supernaut is having trouble posting in this thread for some reason, so here's a post on his behalf:

For some reason I'm unable to post in the rx7 summer thread. I'd like to put myself on the list. I'm not sure which configuration I'd buy. Either the HFS3 or 6 but I definitely at least want the summer.

2. remydrm (summer+HFS3)
3. Snyrx7 (?)
11. Supernaut (?)

Richard L
31-12-2010, 10:23 AM
I do not mind at all ;)

As the thread has been linked all over the place I though I would add some muscle behind it for people trolling in who might be sitting on the fence? or who are looking for some real knowledge.......... since I am very selective on which forums deserve my valuable input these days :)

Thank you peter...
I have made up a new thread and copied the post over to:
http://www.aquamist.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1924

Richard L
31-12-2010, 07:18 PM
Supernaut is having trouble posting in this thread for some reason, so here's a post on his behalf:

2. remydrm (summer+HFS3)
3. Snyrx7 (?)
11. Supernaut (?)

I have managed to clear the block, he should be able to post now.

Supernaut
04-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Hey guys sorry for the late post. Thanks Richard! Thanks Gimp! Don't drink so much. I'll post up more details about my purchase later on. I'll most likely get the hfs6 with the summer. Maybe even an extra summer.

SNYRX7
04-01-2011, 08:58 PM
Sorry guys please take me off the list

Richard L
05-01-2011, 05:49 PM
Updated

2. remydrm (summer+HFS3)
3. Snyrx7 (?) DROPPED OUT
11. Supernaut (?)[/QUOTE]

MaD^94Rx7
05-01-2011, 07:08 PM
Updated

1. Drunkengimp (summer + HFS3)
2. remydrm (summer + HFS3)
3. trainwreck517 (summer alone)
4. MaD^94Rx7 (summer+HFS6)
5. r2omega (summer +HFS6)
6. FD-KAI (summer + HFS6)
7. RX72NR (summer + HFS6)
8. riprx7 (summer + HFS6)
9. browndog9 (summer + HFS6)
10. Supernaut (summer + ?)

MaD^94Rx7
05-01-2011, 07:11 PM
Hi again guys. We need to make a few calls and make this happen. I guess everyone wants this asap me more then anyone. We need an other 10 buyers. I've already posted on every single rotary forum i know about sometimes risking being banned. Need you to spread the word lets give this GB a proper kick in its ass and double up!

MaD^94Rx7
06-01-2011, 10:15 AM
11. Gringo Grande (summer + ??) pls confirm this http://www.rx7club.com/showpost.php?p=10397465&postcount=16

Gringo Grande
10-01-2011, 07:27 PM
Confirming that I would like to be included in this GB. Let me know where to send the $ (technically pounds I suppose but whatever =)

MaD^94Rx7
11-01-2011, 09:39 AM
Gringo you're in just for the summer or you looking for an ai system too?

MaD^94Rx7
11-01-2011, 09:40 AM
11. Gringo Grande (summer + ?)

cocoanton
16-01-2011, 11:12 AM
how much of the system relies on the fuel delivery and how much on the boost in the intake? Is it combined in the HFS?

MaD^94Rx7
17-01-2011, 08:26 AM
Think it's best that Richard answers your question. Try pm him or email him...

Richard L
17-01-2011, 09:08 AM
how much of the system relies on the fuel delivery and how much on the boost in the intake? Is it combined in the HFS?

Both HFS-3 and HFS-6 has boost compensation.

- HFS-6 is user adjustable from 0-20%
- HFS-3 is fixed at 70% IDC and 30% Boost. (you can requrest different ratio before despatch)

Richard

MaD^94Rx7
19-01-2011, 01:13 PM
What's with the hold up on these???? No one needs a summer that works out the duty cycle on RX7s with different size primary & secondry injectors?? I must be breaking everyones balls now but pass the word on ppl or else we going to be staring at this list forever...

Peace

Richard L
19-01-2011, 05:31 PM
If the primiary is overly large, (some do), then you will be well into the mid boost region before the secondary injector comes on or thr primiary reaching 50% DC.

MaD^94Rx7
19-01-2011, 05:37 PM
So if I understand correctly the main advantage is when you have let's say standard 550cc primaries and 2200cc secondaries?

Richard L
19-01-2011, 05:57 PM
The advantage is when you have 1600cc and 2200cc injector.

If you have 550cc injector it is not necessary to have the summer. Just trip the HFS-6 with the secondary injectors (from 25% onwards).

Richard L
19-01-2011, 06:00 PM
If it helps to speed things up, I will start producing the summer (v2) and hold on 9 units for future orders. It is taking too long for this to reach 20.

MaD^94Rx7
19-01-2011, 06:00 PM
Oh right now I get then it's needed even with standard injectors 550cc & 850cc which is what I have now. One other thing, does the summer have a limit on the size of the injectors?

Richard L
19-01-2011, 06:05 PM
OK, I will explain this another way...

Lets say every 100BHP requires 550cc of fuel

1. Your pair of 550cc primary injectors at 50% DC will fuel up to 100BHP. If you do not require to injector water/methanol before 100BHP, then the summer is unecessasy. Just run off the secindary injector.

2. Your pair of 1600cc primary injectors at 50% DC will fuel you up to 290BHP. In this case, you do need the summer. I believe at thsi power level, wmi is require to raise your in-cylinder cooling capacity.

MaD^94Rx7
19-01-2011, 06:22 PM
Great got it perfectly now.

About you producing them and holding 9 that would be awesome.
Would you be able to keep the GB price for us that ordered a system too?

Richard L
19-01-2011, 06:29 PM
Yes, I can hold the prices, due to the HFS-6 bundle, tit helps funding the re-production of the summer.

MaD^94Rx7
19-01-2011, 06:33 PM
Howard you're the best :)
In that case how long do you think it would take to produce them? As you know I was expecting you to send me the HFS-6 this week but ifits not too long a wait I might consider having you send everything at once.

Richard L
19-01-2011, 09:29 PM
I am not sure, need to see my work load first. I intend to have everything done before the end of February now that I have decided to go ahead regardless.

RX72NR
19-01-2011, 09:57 PM
I'll take another summer, 2 total + the HFS-6. Perfect gift for my friend who already has the HFS-3. Thanks Richard for helping the rotary community, keep our cars on the roads.
I've got 2x1000cc primaries + 4x1000cc secondaries going into my twin TiAL gt-30 build controlled by a Microtech Lt12x. When the time comes, please tailor my kit with the proper nozzles/parts. I would also like the blue colored guage. I have a build thread in the n.w. forum on Rx7club.com if you're interested. Please feel free to chime in there anytime. -Matt

MaD^94Rx7
20-01-2011, 12:08 AM
Can't wait that long Richard so if you don't mind please send the HFS-6 asap.
Thanks for everything again.

Richard L
20-01-2011, 12:20 AM
NO problem, will get your HFS-6 done this week.

Richard

HIZOKU
21-01-2011, 03:04 PM
If you dont mind me asking is it possible to jump on this GB but just for a HFS6? and if so what is the price of that posted to au

MaD^94Rx7
22-01-2011, 10:49 AM
12. HIZOKU (?? + HFS6) to be confirmed
13. Uleepera (summer + ?) has problems joining the site...

HIZOKU
24-01-2011, 07:42 AM
I dont need the summer thing i just need HFs6 for my jzx81

Richard L
24-01-2011, 10:38 PM
Can you explain to me what is jzx91?

HIZOKU
25-01-2011, 09:59 AM
JZX81

is a toyota runs a 1jzgte comes in diff forms like chaser, mark2 and cresta

Supernaut
28-01-2011, 01:56 AM
Hey Richard,

When is the final final deadline for the list? I want at least 2 summers and I may have 1 or 2 more that want hfs6 + summer.

RX72NR
29-01-2011, 04:36 AM
Please add: Rawbz08 (summer+hfs-6) to the list!

Richard L
29-01-2011, 05:34 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

13. Uleepera (summer + ?) has problems joining the site... (please try again now)
14. Rawbz08 (summer+hfs-6) Please sign in so that I can contact you. Richard

RX72NR
01-02-2011, 07:07 AM
Please add; akunochi (summer+hfs6)

Richard L
02-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Updated...

13. Uleepera (summer + ?) has problems joining the site... (please try again now)
14. Rawbz08 (summer+hfs-6) Please sign in so that I can contact you.
15. akunochi (summer+hfs6)

akunochi
02-02-2011, 05:04 PM
Richard. Could you email/pm me a cost in USD for my order including shipping VAT etc.? SUMMER+HSF6 I would really appreciate it.

RX72NR
03-02-2011, 08:19 PM
Hi Richard, do you have a time frame on when the summers will be available? Can you shoot me a PM at the Rx7club.com site with pricing as well please? Akunochi and I both live in the Seattle area and would like to share packaging/costs.

Richard L
04-02-2011, 12:15 AM
We have decided ship free to US and Australia. Price will be as posted on the forum.

In USD:
HFS-3 + summer bundle 735 + 120 = 855 (non GB price = 735 + 299 + 85 shipping) = 1119.
HFS-6 + Summer bundle 945 +120 = 1065 (non GB price = 945 + 299 + 85 shipping) = 1329.

Richard

FD-KAI
04-02-2011, 01:07 AM
thanks Richard...free P&H..love you long time...;-) lol

RX72NR
04-02-2011, 12:45 PM
Thank you! Richard, You're awesome.

remydrm
04-02-2011, 11:57 PM
Hi Richard,

I'm on the list for HFS-3 + Summer. I'm not sure if this is the right kit for my needs and if I should upgrade to the HFS-6 + Summer instead.

My setup:
2x1000cc primary, 4x1000cc secondary, 50/50 water to methanol, 15-20psi boost

All opinions will be greatly appreciated!

Rawbz08
05-02-2011, 09:08 PM
Hey Richard I am officially registered.

Richard L
06-02-2011, 12:17 PM
Updated...

1. Drunkengimp (summer + HFS6)

Richard L
06-02-2011, 12:18 PM
Hey Richard I am officially registered.

Welcome to the forum. We can do with more rotary members!

Richard

Danny@respecG
07-02-2011, 12:36 AM
Richard,

I have been reading about AI all day. My set up is 850cc primaries and 1680cc secondaries. What would you recommend for my set up? Im interested in the GB, but would like more info as to my application.

-Danny-

heliox
07-02-2011, 10:36 PM
Hi All,

I found out about this via a post on FB so am new here today.
I have a 1977 RX3 with a Series 6 13B pulsing under the bonnet, I think the injectors are standard but am running a large diesel turbo, dont ask me numbers but about 14psi boost and an Apexi FC. I would appreciate info on which unit would be better for me to purchase HSF3 or HSF6 aong with the summer.
I am keen to get in on the group order and thankful for any info that will help me make my final decision.

Keep the rubber on the road
Cheers
Darren

Richard L
07-02-2011, 11:23 PM
Richard,

I have been reading about AI all day. My set up is 850cc primaries and 1680cc secondaries. What would you recommend for my set up? Im interested in the GB, but would like more info as to my application.

-Danny-

You can use either system, If you vary your boost a lot, the HFS-6 is more suitable as it has a manifold pressure compensation input channel. The system basically increases the meth flow in relationship to the manifold pressure.

The HFS-3 can also do this but it is pre-defined, 70% IDC and 30% manifold pressure.

If you are running below 15psi, it makes little difference, at least less significant between the two systems.

What boost are you running?

Parrillizer
09-02-2011, 03:20 PM
Updated...

Hey there I'm new to the forum. Jeff at Howerton Engineering told me about this GB. am already running an HFS-3 and am interested in the summer. Is this going to be for the V3 version that will interface with the HFS user port I read about farther up?

Put me down for a summer and any harnesses needed to integrate it with the HFS-3.

Richard L
09-02-2011, 07:29 PM
The summer v3 will have a special H3-harness that plug straight into the H3. The wiring should be very simple. H6-harness will be supplied for those who order the H6/summer bundle.

In your case, I will supply a summer/H3-harness for you. There will be instructions with the summer.

The older summer v2 is quite complicated to wire up.

HIZOKU
10-02-2011, 06:33 AM
Im out im getting my Kit via MRT in aust

Richard L
10-02-2011, 09:04 AM
MRT and I will give your support either way. I think getting it from MRT will be sooner as you do not need the summer.

Richard

Richard L
10-02-2011, 09:07 AM
Hey there I'm new to the forum. Jeff at Howerton Engineering told me about this GB. am already running an HFS-3 and am interested in the summer. Is this going to be for the V3 version that will interface with the HFS user port I read about farther up?

Put me down for a summer and any harnesses needed to integrate it with the HFS-3.

There will be special harness for HFS-3 and HFS-6. No more complicated wiring as the Version 2 (originally designed to interface with the older kit such as HFS1 and HFS-5).

It will be very straight forward.

Richard

HIZOKU
10-02-2011, 09:43 AM
Nah just found out they don't have stock yet so i might just get it from you Richard do you do paypal or credit card

Parrillizer
10-02-2011, 05:27 PM
There will be special harness for HFS-3 and HFS-6. No more complicated wiring as the Version 2 (originally designed to interface with the older kit such as HFS1 and HFS-5).

It will be very straight forward.

Richard

Thanks Richard, that sounds great I am really interested in getting one of these.

Another question:
The summer is designed to work with different sized primary and secondary injectors and combine each injector IDC channel into a single summed IDC signal that the HFS uses to meter H20/CH4O delivery so that it is kept at a constant ratio to the vehicle's fuel delivery rate correct? How do you adjust the summer so that each IDC input from the two injector channels correctly correlates to the percentage each channel is contributing to total fuel delivery?

Thanks in advance

remydrm
11-02-2011, 01:28 AM
Hi Richard,

What is the time-line looking like for these kits? I'm planning my build around the delivery of parts.

In a previous post you said the advantage of the HFS-6 over the HFS-3 is when using 100% methanol or when varying boost often (>15lbs).

Did I read that correctly? I ask because I will never run 100% methanol and I'm still trying not to make the wrong decision between the 2 kits available. My boost levels will be between 15-20lbs.

Thanks again!!!

Massi

FD-KAI
11-02-2011, 08:34 PM
15 folks lined up 5 more to go c'mon get on it...c**ts, don't miss this opportunity..

15. Parrillizer (summer only..yes??)

Rawbz08
14-02-2011, 12:29 AM
Well it looks like the first 15 went quick. Are we just waiting on 5 more to kick them off?

Looksamc
14-02-2011, 04:11 PM
Hi Chaps,

i'm new here and this is my first post so hello! to you all. Can you please put me down for a (HFS3 + summer ) For 95 RX7 FD3S and any additional wiring I may need thanks. :D

15 folks lined up 5 more to go c'mon get on it...c**ts, don't miss this opportunity..

16. Looksamc (HFS3 + summer)

Richard L
14-02-2011, 10:39 PM
At last some one in UK!

MaD^94Rx7
15-02-2011, 03:32 PM
Hi Richard hows the progress on the summer going?

Richard L
16-02-2011, 12:25 PM
I have decided to go for a complete design update to the version two. The version three to the HFS-3 and HFS-6 will be childs play. I am still working on it and still intending to meet the target date, end of Februay. I may over run a few days, but it is definately worth it.

Richard

Looksamc
16-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Yippeeee!!!!!

MaD^94Rx7
16-02-2011, 05:17 PM
My tuner suggested I wait for the summer if it's 2 weeks from now...
Hopefuly you get it made in time then Richard. Thanks again...

RX72NR
16-02-2011, 08:52 PM
I'm in no hurry, take your time to do it right! April would fit my budget anyways.

HIZOKU
17-02-2011, 05:08 AM
Alright now that there is a date im fine was a bit confused with everything Also Richard im unsure if you got my last email as my work email server has been on off for the last two days now. but i will go with a blue gauge

and how are payments to be made? paypal? DD? creditcard?

Looksamc
17-02-2011, 03:22 PM
Hi Richard

Could i change my oder to a HFS6 + summer please matey!

Thanks.

Richard L
18-02-2011, 08:43 AM
You can update the list yourself, just copy and paste or use "quote" and edit.

At this stage, you have all the time on the world to reconsider.

Supernaut
22-02-2011, 06:12 AM
Take as much time as you need to make everything perfect Richard! I'll wait!

Richard L
22-02-2011, 09:10 AM
I will do so and keep my time table as well.

FD-KAI
22-02-2011, 11:34 PM
13. Uleepera (summer + ?)
14. Rawbz08 (summer+hfs-6)
16. Looksamc (HFS6 + summer) <--updated from HFS3 to 6

4 more to go... Yippie Ki-Yay,

@ Richard, mate i pm'd you :D

HIZOKU
23-02-2011, 04:19 AM
is it 4 more to go or 5 more since im not getting the summer unit ?

goracer
23-02-2011, 09:17 AM
I thought the summer's were discontinued when I purchased the last one over a year ago. Good to see they are back but I only need the water injection kit. Can I still get a group buy discount? I think I want the HFS6 but I can't remember the differences. It's been too long.

HIZOKU
24-02-2011, 09:46 AM
GORACER you should be able to as that is what im getting i believe :D

goracer
24-02-2011, 09:30 PM
Ok, please add :arrow: GoRacer to list
HF-6 (only) :cool:

Richard L
24-02-2011, 10:09 PM
Go racer,

I will update your summer to v3 if you send the old one back to me. No hurry.

Richard

goracer
25-02-2011, 11:17 AM
Oh wow, I didn't even know there was a new version. Thank you! :mrgreen:

Richard L
27-02-2011, 09:57 PM
The last summer module (v2) was designed to work with the HFS-5 (now discontinued).

Since you are purchasing the H3 or H6, it is only most logical way to move forward. With a direct exchange (at no cost), you will have the latest and I have a spare v2 summer for those with an older system who needs a replacement.

It was silly of me selling the last few.

Richard

Supernaut
01-03-2011, 06:57 PM
Hey Richard, I decided to go HFS6 and buy 2 summers ($120 x 2 right?). Can I use my summer v3 on the upgraded HFS1 system (I upgraded all the parts you told me I needed to run the summer)? I'm using the v2 with it right now on the HFS1 system.

Here is some useful info I found btw...
http://www.aquamist.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1527

10. Supernaut (2xsummer + HFS6)
16. Looksamc (HFS6 + summer)

Richard L
01-03-2011, 09:17 PM
The v2 (revision 1-3) is designed for HFS-5. If you have this set up, leabve iot alone.
The latert v3 is designed for HFS-3 and HFS-6. I have not looked into how it will work with the HFS-5 yet. There is not advatange to go that direction.

Don't forget the sunmmer main job is to add the two signals together. Difference between v2 and v3 mainly ease of wiring to the injection system. At the tail end of the HFs-5 and beginning of HFS-6, making the interfacing harness of the v2 to work with H6 is very time consumming for us. Hence the v3.

MaD^94Rx7
01-03-2011, 09:23 PM
Hi Richard

any news on when the V3 will be ready for shipping?
and also since no one seems to be in a rush but me can I have the first one out of the oven please? :)

thanks

goracer
02-03-2011, 11:01 PM
Go racer,

I will update your summer to v3 if you send the old one back to me. No hurry.

Richard

I just found the envelope on the passenger side and it says Revision 3 on the summer unit. The instruction sheet says (Rev 3 - Nov 2009). So it is Ver. 2, correct? Oh the wire harness says HFS-3. Do I ship that back with the Summer? I need a ship to adress (not on padded envelope). ...Please add me to group buy for HFS-6 only. thank you

Richard L
06-03-2011, 05:21 PM
Hi Richard

any news on when the V3 will be ready for shipping?
and also since no one seems to be in a rush but me can I have the first one out of the oven please? :)

thanks

I have received the v3 circuit board in the middle of last week and did n;yt have a chance to populate the components until today. I am happy to confirm the v3 is ready to be manufactured rthis week and should have some ready by the end of next week.

As it is a very snmll scale production so it will be slow. I want to ensure each one is tested by myself before shipping. I would like to make a list of order of people who wants them quick and not so quick.

Please do post your priority from 1-10 (10 being madly urgent) etc. The preference in Gauge led colour, Red or blue.

Please copy and paste the list below, just add a number and colour:

17. goracer (HFS6 only - got the summer already)

Richard L
06-03-2011, 05:27 PM
I just found the envelope on the passenger side and it says Revision 3 on the summer unit. The instruction sheet says (Rev 3 - Nov 2009). So it is Ver. 2, correct? Oh the wire harness says HFS-3. Do I ship that back with the Summer? I need a ship to adress (not on padded envelope). ...Please add me to group buy for HFS-6 only. thank you

The v2 had 3 revisions. The last being a cross between the HFS5-HFs-6 transition period.

Please write "return to manufacturer for repair" so stop customs to slap some import tax on the old unit. Don't forget to put your name and address details in the package.

Our address:

ERL Ltd
(repairs department)
Iroko House
Bolney Ave. Peacehaven
East Sussex BN10 8HF
England

If you have a HFS-5, do not use the v3. it is not easy to interface.

MaD^94Rx7
06-03-2011, 07:48 PM
I have received the v3 circuit board in the middle of last week and did n;yt have a chance to populate the components until today. I am happy to confirm the v3 is ready to be manufactured rthis week and should have some ready by the end of next week.

As it is a very snmll scale production so it will be slow. I want to ensure each one is tested by myself before shipping. I would like to make a list of order of people who wants them quick and not so quick.

Please do post your priority from 1-10 (10 being madly urgent) etc. The preference in Gauge led colour, Red or blue.

Please copy and paste the list below, just add a number and colour:

4. MaD^94Rx7 (summer+HFS6) 10 :) (***urgent***)

0000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000

FD-KAI
07-03-2011, 01:46 AM
4. MaD^94Rx7 (summer+HFS6) 10 (***urgent***)
6. FD-KAI (summer + HFS6) -->1 Blue

i 've gone for blue.... on a side note is there any adaptor to make it fit 60mm guage pod... i have a border racing mickey mouse type hood that sits on cluster....& it has two 60mm holes... :roll:

Supernaut
07-03-2011, 04:57 PM
[CODE]i 've gone for blue.... on a side note is there any adaptor to make it fit 60mm guage pod... i have a border racing mickey mouse type hood that sits on cluster....& it has two 60mm holes... :roll:

How about wrapping electrical tape until you hit more 8mm haha. That is an interesting idea though. I guess their should be 60mm gauges availible.

That or do this...

http://shop.edoperformance.com/ati-adapater-ring-52mm60mm-conversion-unit-p-14640.html

FD-KAI
08-03-2011, 12:04 AM
thanks thats what I am after. Electrical tap is an option also.. provided this guage bezel is 60mm outside diameter. so it hides the tape. :)

How about wrapping electrical tape until you hit more 8mm haha. That is an interesting idea though. I guess their should be 60mm gauges availible.

That or do this...

http://shop.edoperformance.com/ati-adapater-ring-52mm60mm-conversion-unit-p-14640.html

r2omega
08-03-2011, 12:26 AM
I am not in a giant hurry. Red LEDs please.

Quote from Richard on RX7Club.com 2-17-09 02:03 PM
"I am slowly getting to know the RX7 owners, time does not govern their lifes.

Engineer at Aquamist, Sussex, England"

Thanks

5. r2omega (summer +HFS6) 5, RED

goracer
08-03-2011, 08:56 AM

Priority = 5 (Alread have new engine)
color = Red
Need return adress to exchange v2 summer for new version?

Looksamc
09-03-2011, 02:40 PM
I'd like mine buy very early April but there are many people on the list before me so I will wait patiently if I have to.

16. Looksamc (HFS6 + summer) Blue - Priority = 9

goracer
09-03-2011, 06:37 PM
17. goracer (HFS6 only - trading in v2 for v3 summer) Red, Pri = 5+

MaD^94Rx7
09-03-2011, 07:22 PM
4. MaD^94Rx7 (HFS6 already paid & delivered to me) + (summer) Priority 10 **urgent**

Richard L
09-03-2011, 08:21 PM
The openings of the v3 box is now being machined, the last stage of production. We have allocated 8 summer units for distribution within the next few days.

Richard

FD-KAI
10-03-2011, 02:47 AM
The openings of the v3 box is now being machined, the last stage of production. We have allocated 8 summer units for distribution within the next few days.

Richard

payment instructions ... be given out soon i presume..

Supernaut
10-03-2011, 05:06 PM
Hey Richard, sorry to do this last minute, I'm changing my order to 1 summer (unless this is a problem). My kit can be on the least urgent out of everyone. I probably won't be needing it for a while.

4. MaD^94Rx7 (HFS6 already paid & delivered to me) + (summer) Priority 10 **urgent**
10. Supernaut (summer + HFS6)

Richard L
10-03-2011, 07:07 PM
abolutely no problems, no one is committed here. As long as I know there are people out there are interested in the summer for RX7 and HFS-6, it is good enough for me to make an effort to design and produce the new summer module.

Richard

browndog9
11-03-2011, 04:41 AM
How do we pay ? Red LED

Richard L
11-03-2011, 09:11 AM
I think paypal or CC is fine with us. I will announce it as soon as the summer is fully tested and packed.

Richard L
15-03-2011, 10:47 PM
Some latest image of the version3 summer module:

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/summer-v3/summer-v3.jpg

remydrm
15-03-2011, 11:01 PM
Very Excited!

MaD^94Rx7
15-03-2011, 11:21 PM
Awesome!!!

Richard L
16-03-2011, 12:01 AM
MaD^94Rx7, I can send yours this week.

Here is a picture with HFS-6 link harness:

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/summer-v3/H6-link.jpg

Drunkengimp
16-03-2011, 12:13 AM
Looks fantastic. Great work!

FD-KAI
16-03-2011, 12:58 AM
WOW!!! man i love to see workmanship like this. post details for payment... i am getting excited..

MaD^94Rx7
16-03-2011, 03:31 PM
Thats great!
Any manual for this or is it straight forward?
Will all cables will be included?

Thanks
Henri

Richard L
16-03-2011, 04:28 PM
I am working on the one a4 page manual, it is very simple. The unit will come with:

Standard:
- v3 summer controller
- 1x power input harness (12v and ground supply to the unit)
- 1x Summer to HFS-6 harness (yellow hood)
- 1x Summer to rx7 controller harness

optional:
- Summer to HFS-3 harness (grey hood)
- User output harness for other usage other than HFS-3 or HFS-6

Most of the ports are well labelled:

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/summer-v3/front.jpg

Arthur3328
17-03-2011, 04:32 AM
I would love to get in on the group buy.
i have a 93 rx7 and would probably want the summer + the hfs3 im guessing.

Looksamc
17-03-2011, 03:32 PM
VERY NICE WORK !!!! Richard :razz:

Richard L
17-03-2011, 10:37 PM
It has been quite a relief that is turned out to be fine.

Richard L
18-03-2011, 11:30 PM
http://www.aquamist.co.uk/summer-v3/v3-H6 wiring.gif

FD-KAI
24-03-2011, 11:06 PM
I would love to get in on the group buy.
i have a 93 rx7 and would probably want the summer + the hfs3 im guessing.

18. Arthur3328 (Summer + HFS3)...user confirm plz..

@Arthur3328 mate... you're #18 plz confirm.... :)

HIZOKU
25-03-2011, 12:30 AM
Im confirmed please just for HFS6

RX7TDF
25-03-2011, 05:29 PM
I would like to get the summer module alone as I already have the HFS-6. I purchased it a while back and have not installed it as I am getting my single turbo swap done at the moment.

I was wondering what the timing will be like as I am planning to dyno tune the car by mid april.

Thanks
Paul

icebox
26-03-2011, 08:41 PM
Hello,

Sign me up for a summer + HFS6, red leds and priority ~5.

-Petri

FD-KAI
26-03-2011, 09:38 PM
12. HIZOKU (HFS6) priority? colour?
19. RX7TDF (summer ONLY)
20. icebox (summer + HFS6) 5 Red

woohoo 20 reached.....:D

Supernaut
27-03-2011, 02:10 AM
Actually,

I am going to have to bow out. I'm going a different direction with my second FD.

10. Gringo Grande (summer + ?)
11. HIZOKU (HFS6) priority? colour?
12. Uleepera (summer + ?)
13. Rawbz08 (summer+hfs-6)
14. Parrillizer (summer only..yes??)
15. Looksamc (HFS6 + summer) Blue - Priority = 9
16. goracer (HFS6 only - trading in v2 for v3 summer) Red, Pri = 5+
17. Arthur3328 (Summer + HFS3)...user confirm plz..
18. RX7TDF (summer ONLY)
19. icebox (summer + HFS6) 5 Red

Richard I finally got my car tuned. Thanks for all the help! I did have problems with my flow sensor when the car got on the dyno but we managed to get everything tuned anyway. You guys are in great hands with Richard.

Thanks again!

Richard L
27-03-2011, 09:05 AM
No problem. I believe you have a HFS-1? The older plastic bodied flow sensor (pre-07) can be affected by heat, underhood heat during dyno session can be quite high.

HIZOKU
28-03-2011, 05:43 AM
Oh im after a Blue HFS6

And im happy to wait longer as im still waiting on other parts for my motor so im not urgent like other guys

Supernaut
29-03-2011, 09:40 PM
No problem. I believe you have a HFS-1? The older plastic bodied flow sensor (pre-07) can be affected by heat, underhood heat during dyno session can be quite high.

Thanks for the info. We kept the hood up though and we had the problem during the install. You sent me a replacement but we didn't put it in yet because the flow sensor magically worked when it was time to pick up the car. We held on to the old one if the sensor working was a fluke. I'm glad we did.

I believe I got a new flow sensor from you when I upgraded my kit to use the summer no? I'm pretty sure it was metal. Anyway I'll check and get back to you. Thanks for all the help.

Looksamc
30-03-2011, 11:30 AM
I'm also happy to wait now, as my single turbo conversation isn't finished yet. I was hope to have had it run-in by April but now it looks like it want be till May :( .So down to DEFCON 5!

Richard L
30-03-2011, 06:35 PM
I was not expect any rush knowing well that RX7 is a life style and should be strolling at a leisurely pace.

We are building them in between our main work, stocking them up for anyone who is ready for them.

RX7TDF
30-03-2011, 07:05 PM
I'll need delivery of the module by the first week of may please. Seems like you have things under control!

Thanks

HIZOKU
31-03-2011, 01:18 AM
I was not expect any rush knowing well that RX7 is a life style and should be strolling at a leisurely pace.

We are building them in between our main work, stocking them up for anyone who is ready for them.

So we just tell you when we want it as such and you will post it out?

Richard L
31-03-2011, 08:54 AM
give us a week's warning. V3 summers are now in stock.

goracer
31-03-2011, 09:21 AM
:cool: I am ready to trade in my Summer and purchase the HFS-6, if that is ready also.
Shoot :arrow: me a PM.

FD-KAI
31-03-2011, 10:40 AM
give us a week's warning. V3 summers are now in stock.

thanks for the update sir, i will hopefully be jumping for me order mid to end of May... if thats ok with you....

dont wanna push you too hard... :D

HIZOKU
31-03-2011, 01:04 PM
Alright thats no problem i will give you two weeks minimum :D maybe a bit more it getting posted to AU for me so yeah not in any huge rush

FD-KAI
01-04-2011, 12:28 AM
Alright thats no problem i will give you two weeks minimum :D maybe a bit more it getting posted to AU for me so yeah not in any huge rush

cool... maybe get all AU's sent out together... pm/post as I check this thread every day... :p

HIZOKU
01-04-2011, 01:23 AM
HAHA Same i check it everyday to and i see your in melb same as me :D

So that will help a lot when are you looking at getting your one?

FD-KAI
01-04-2011, 11:24 PM
end of May early June, if Richards got it all sorted. allows me to try and get the tank made up and check unit out etc plan everything during the winter months and to have it on & running for next summer. Don't wanna drag it too long... as the AU$ is doing good at the moment.

HIZOKU
02-04-2011, 02:27 AM
Yeah that is fine with me :D all ready for aussie summer :P

if you want email me i2obert at hotmail dot com to sort things out or via PM im happy to pay for it around then

browndog9
08-04-2011, 03:56 AM
Maybe I'm a little slow, It could be the porter I've been knocking back, but I really don't know if these things are ready or if we need to pay? Richard are you still going to make a pay now announcement or did I miss it.
Also thanks for the hard work and dedication. It is way cool to have such an international community interested in these crazy old cars. I have had mine since 1995 and still drive it back and forth to work.

scornflake
11-04-2011, 03:34 AM
19. scornflake (summer + HFS6)

icebox
11-04-2011, 05:26 PM
You forgot me from the list...

icebox (summer + HFS6) 5 Red

Richard L
11-04-2011, 06:21 PM
It is done. You can do it yourself by "cut and paste"

HIZOKU
12-04-2011, 10:14 AM
12. HIZOKU ( HFS6 Blue)

mike01
12-04-2011, 10:32 PM
12. HIZOKU ( HFS6 Blue)
21. Mike01 (summer + HFS3) Blue Priority 9

Hi Richard,
Thanks again for sparing some of your time to talk to me today about rotaries and WI, I've no doubt you're a busy man. As discussed I'd like to order a summer unit and the HFS3 system with the blue lighting. Obviously I wouldn't expect to push infront of the 20 peeps above waiting for units but if there are some who aren't in a rush then I'd love to get the parts early May for a track day at the end of May. Is Paypal OK? Just let me know when the parts are ready and I'll make payment.

Best regards,
Mike

FD-KAI
12-04-2011, 11:31 PM
@mike,

mate you can jump in front of me if you want ... i can wait a fews weeks... i really should change me priority from 1 to 4 (summer in AU is a wee while away...).

6. FD-KAI (summer + HFS6) -->4 Blue
12. HIZOKU ( HFS6 Blue)

Richard L
13-04-2011, 11:10 AM
12. HIZOKU ( HFS6 Blue)
18. Arthur3328 (Summer + HFS3)...user confirm plz.. (delivered)

mike01
13-04-2011, 01:05 PM
@mike,

mate you can jump in front of me if you want ... i can wait a fews weeks... i really should change me priority from 1 to 4 (summer in AU is a wee while away...).

Cheers mate, you're a gent. :)

Richard L
13-04-2011, 08:27 PM
Mike, you have made it to the forum!

Bizarroterl
14-04-2011, 03:42 AM
4. MaD^94Rx7 (HFS6 already paid & delivered to me) + (summer) Priority 10 - (delivered)
12. HIZOKU ( HFS6 Blue)
22. Bizarroterl (summer + HFS3) Blue Priority 5

goracer
22-04-2011, 04:39 PM

I am ready for trade and purchase as soon as they are avilable. Please update avilability.

Richard L
22-04-2011, 09:29 PM
We have four HFS-6s with summer in a few days time. HFS-3 + summer has to wait until middle of may.

Please pm me details of shipping address and how to pay us.

Bizarroterl
02-05-2011, 07:21 PM
Please remove me from the list. Turns out I don't need the summer (stock boost levels).

Richard L
03-05-2011, 12:05 AM
No problem at all...

1. Drunkengimp (summer + HFS6 red) (delivered)
4. MaD^94Rx7 (HFS6 already paid & delivered to me) + (summer) Priority 10 - (delivered)
12. HIZOKU ( HFS6 Blue)

HIZOKU
03-05-2011, 09:16 AM
Richard im ready to get mine when ever suits you just a HFS6 unit still not in a rush but yeah if you got some left and no one else is in urgent need i have money waiting

Richard L
03-05-2011, 11:49 PM
I am not sure when the next batch of HFS-6 will be available. We are very behind with back orders. I suggest making the purchase now rather later. Pm me.

Richard

FD-KAI
05-05-2011, 04:10 AM
Hi Richard , same boat as Hiz, i have sent you a pm.

status update: payment sent via paypal :-)

Richard L
05-05-2011, 09:38 PM
FD, received the payment, thanks. Will ship as soon as I get an opportunity.

FD-KAI
13-05-2011, 04:59 AM
big thanks to TEAM ERL, received items in A-1 condition.

6. FD-KAI (summer + HFS6) -->4 Blue ***DELIVERED***
12. HIZOKU ( HFS6 Blue)

kit is filled with sooo much awesomeness its pure WINNING. :p

goracer
14-05-2011, 09:01 PM
Hi Richard , same boat as Hiz, i have sent you a pm.

status update: payment sent via paypal :-)

I was going to say me three but this time it's me that forgot to check PM's, D'oh! :o

Payment sent - thank you
I think the post office is closed, will try on Monday to send back v2 summer.
Should I be sending it traceable like UPS or Fed-X instead?

Richard L
16-05-2011, 07:34 PM
go racer, USPS is fine. Just write "return to manufacturer for upgrade work"

Richard

4. MaD^94Rx7 (HFS6 + summer) Priority 10 - (delivered)
6. FD-KAI (summer + HFS6) -->4 Blue ***DELIVERED***
12. HIZOKU ( HFS6 Blue)
17. goracer (HFS6 only - trading in v2 for v3 summer) Red, Pri = 5+ (delivered)

goracer
25-05-2011, 06:08 PM
Whoops, I didn't see this in time. I wrote returned for credit on the customs declaration tag. It looks sweet! I'm actually excited about rebuilding again. I didn't think that would happen anymore. Woot-Woot!

go racer, USPS is fine. Just write "return to manufacturer for upgrade work"

Richard

Richard L
25-05-2011, 09:02 PM
It will be fine I am sure.

xIceHoundx
01-06-2011, 06:41 PM
I am interested in getting both the rotary summer and the HFS-6 bundle how long will this group buy be available? I am currently deployed and it will be a few months before I get home for midtour leave and will be able to send a payment will it still be available?

Richard L
01-06-2011, 08:27 PM
There is no set time limited, just pm me when you are ready.

We have stopped production of the HFS-6 and do not have a set time for the replacement. For those who needs one, please consider the new HFS-3 version, it can do most of the work as the HFS-6. Since most of the processing work is being done on the summer, most of the functions of the HFS-6 is replicated in the new summer.

Richard

Rawbz08
02-06-2011, 10:44 PM
richard i had no idea what ever happend to this... i was just going thru my subscriptions on rx7 club and figured i stop by. well i guess we got the 20 min it looks like. so now the hfs-6 have stopped production. i never received any kind of notifications on this thread. so now what is the next step.

HIZOKU
03-06-2011, 03:05 AM
Tell me about it i waited ages for this GB to then be told there will be no HFS6 so i just got one from local dealership a bit disappointed in how it all turned out,

Now lets hope my HFS6 works when it comes to install time

xIceHoundx
03-06-2011, 07:53 AM
Richard could you tell us reasoning for the stop in production of the HFS-6 system and what the exact differences are between the HFS-3 and HFS-6 especially in how it pertains to rotary and use with the summer? I personally am one of those overkill kinda guys and would rather spend money on the product with the most options and tuneability so that later down the road when I go higher I dont find myself having to replace as much.

Richard L
05-06-2011, 01:55 PM
richard i had no idea what ever happend to this... i was just going thru my subscriptions on rx7 club and figured i stop by. well i guess we got the 20 min it looks like. so now the hfs-6 have stopped production. i never received any kind of notifications on this thread. so now what is the next step.

Richard could you tell us reasoning for the stop in production of the HFS-6 system and what the exact differences are between the HFS-3 and HFS-6 especially in how it pertains to rotary and use with the summer? I personally am one of those overkill kinda guys and would rather spend money on the product with the most options and tuneability so that later down the road when I go higher I dont find myself having to replace as much.

A product will have to be updated from time to time, we feel the HFS-6 is due for one. The HFS-6 has been out for over two years now and have received two minor upgrades. The next giant step forward has to be a total hardware change.

As regarding to the "summer bundle" GB, it wasn't strictly a full commitment for either party, no deposit was requested and there are no closing date. All we did was asking 20 interested parties before building the Summer v3. We fulfilled our promise and went on producing the summer and now it is available.

There are plenty of HFS-6s available through our dealers if anyone wants one. We just want to create a time gap between the next model so customers will not get caught in a situation where the new replacement is launched after the day of a H6 purchase.

Looking forward...

The HFS-3v1 has been updated recently to v2. It is almost as good as the HFS-6 except the pressure compensation trimming is fixed rather variable. As far as the summer/H3 preformance, it matches the H6 very well.

The HFS3-v2's main advancement is the ability to decode the latest "direct" injection signals such as the Mazadspeed 3/6 and the BMW's new piezo-electric based fuel injector. Unforturnatly this improvement does not affect the RX7.

The new Hxxx system will not be available before September at the earliest if we decide to launch it at all.

There is one thing for certain, the HFS-3v2 will be available for at least 6-8 months, We have no plans to replace it.

Richard L
05-06-2011, 01:58 PM
Tell me about it i waited ages for this GB to then be told there will be no HFS6 so i just got one from local dealership a bit disappointed in how it all turned out,

Now lets hope my HFS6 works when it comes to install time

I believe you were offered one a few months ago but you decided to purchase it from our Australian dealer.

xIceHoundx
05-06-2011, 07:24 PM
Thanks for the info Richard, if we were to purchase an HFS-6 system from your dealer would it be at all possible to get the summer from you guys at the reduced price thats listen for the bundle?

Richard L
05-06-2011, 08:53 PM
It is not possible because we would be making a loss. The HFS-3 is the only one available for this GB. I have made available 6 HFS-6 system a month or two ago but only a few takers, for this reason, we release the rest to the dealers.

I can make the H6 available again if all the people on the list is willing to commit fully and pay a deposit. Making this into a proper GB.

HIZOKU
05-06-2011, 11:55 PM
We have decided ship free to US and Australia. Price will be as posted on the forum.

Richard

you wanted to charge me shipping after saying it was free making it more expensive to buy from you then aust dealer who just got stock.

look it dont matter now water under the bridge

Richard L
06-06-2011, 08:28 AM
We have shipped quite a few kits to Australia and shipped free so far.

I looked back on my pms, I have confirmed the free shipping to you. You decided to buy from our AUS dealer. I have quoted you the GB bundled rather than the H6 alone -a mistake that would rectify itself and during invoicing. I apologise for the mistake.

I have also warned you that the H6 will be discontinued.

HIZOKU
07-06-2011, 07:47 AM
you know what your right i read it wrong i read it as shipping fee

my mistake oh well i already got my HFS6 unit

Richard L
08-06-2011, 01:06 PM
All is well after a few mis-communications. I am looking forward to work with you on the install.

Rene Barfred
30-07-2011, 10:05 AM
OK, I will explain this another way...

Lets say every 100BHP requires 550cc of fuel

1. Your pair of 550cc primary injectors at 50% DC will fuel up to 100BHP. If you do not require to injector water/methanol before 100BHP, then the summer is unecessasy. Just run off the secindary injector.

2. Your pair of 1600cc primary injectors at 50% DC will fuel you up to 290BHP. In this case, you do need the summer. I believe at thsi power level, wmi is require to raise your in-cylinder cooling capacity.

Hello Richard and all you rotaryheads ;o)

Quite a while back, I was one of the first to purchase the HFS-6 for my RX7 FD, I bought it with the summer, set to 550 ccm primary/850 ccm secondary by Richard, I allso talked to Richard by phone because he was interested in, how it all worked out on the rotary as he was in the beginning of the WI on rotaries, as time has gone I have still not managed to install my HFS-6 setup, but are very close now ;o) the only thing I am confused about now is the above statement, I am still running stock injectors (550 primary/850 secondary) and will not have to inject water/meth before 100 BHP, so as I understand of the above, I do NOT have to install the summer, but only have to hook the HFS-6 to the secondary injector ? my next question is, I will wire/splice it to my power FC ECU, to get the signal from the secondary injector, I am not totally sure what terminal/number/coulor on the power FC ECU the secondary injector is ? according to Richard (and what I can see) I would have to splice it into the terminal 2B, LG (4Z) and the wire coulor should be yellow with a blue stribe, right ? if I WILL have to splice in the summer to see my 550 ccm injectors, according to Richard (and what I can see) I would allso have to splice it into the terminal 2B, LG/B (4Y) my car is a 93 eurospec. lefthanddrive car. I am really looking forward to hear from you guys and hope you can help me out with this, thank's in advance !

Rene Barfred
DENMARK

Richard L
13-08-2011, 07:24 PM
Rene,

I missed this post, sorry.

1. You can run the HFS-6 without the summer as you are still on stock injectors.
2. I believe the second injetcors are light green, pin 4Z.
3. You were right on light green, pin 4Z.
4. What signal is on terminal 2B?

Richard

xIceHoundx
04-09-2011, 12:09 AM
PM sent reguarded the desire to purchase a summer and HFS-6 system if available or HFS-3 system if the HFS-6 system wont be available for a long time again.

jduani
21-09-2011, 05:30 PM
Hey Richard! Are these kits still for sale? If they are can I get a Summer and HFS 3 System? Please PM me or email me at jonnyduani@gmail.com

THANK YOU!

xIceHoundx
21-09-2011, 05:49 PM
Its prob easier if you just email him richard@aquamist.co.​uk
I just purchased an HFs3v2 system and RX7 summer from them a week or so ago hes very helpful over email

jduani
22-09-2011, 03:49 PM
He just emailed me thanks!!!

Supernaut
26-03-2012, 10:24 PM
Hey guys,

Did Richard put out any info on how to adjust the summer for larger injector sizes? I remember Richard saying that it wasn't difficult to do but I have no idea on how to do it.

Richard L
31-03-2012, 10:40 PM
which summer version is this?

Supernaut
09-04-2012, 09:40 PM
which summer version is this?

Sorry for the late reply. The one before this GB. I believe it is a v2.

Richard L
10-04-2012, 09:31 PM
The v2 should come with a instruction how to calibrate the summer for different size jets. If you have lost it, pm me your email address and I will send it to you.

Supernaut
12-04-2012, 04:32 AM
The v2 should come with a instruction how to calibrate the summer for different size jets. If you have lost it, pm me your email address and I will send it to you.

Ahh that's possible. Since I didn't install it, it might have gotten lost at the shop. Thanks Richard!

bncr34
24-05-2012, 04:48 PM
Hi I am interested in the summer unit, is it still available for purchase? I know I'm a little late but I just purchased my fd last week, hopefully I can still jump on the bandwago..

Richard L
25-05-2012, 07:44 AM
It is still available. contact me at richard at aquamist.co.uk

ejcabrera
29-06-2012, 12:08 AM
interested in an hfs3 with summer unit