PDA

View Full Version : OK just water?

AutoX47
15-04-2004, 09:24 PM
Hey guys,

Looking to set up water injection setup on my Volvo for decrease in air temperature and less carbon. I run up to 1.25 bar which seems fine on 93 octane if it is ~70 degrees out. I am hoping with water injection the management system will be happy with 18psi. I do not run a boost controller to force it to run 18 because I want the management system to be able to protect itself.

Will I be fine with injecting just water or do I need alcohol also? This is not a dragster I use it for occasional autocross but mostly a street car. Also any problems with spearco? Again like I said this is not a race vehicle

Charged Performance
15-04-2004, 11:18 PM
Just water will be fine - and preferable since if you use alcohol you will mess your classing up with auto-x - even with WI you may get undesirable classing.

AutoX47
16-04-2004, 03:19 AM
k great

thaks for the fast response. Like I said I'm goin with the spearco setup. I chose it well 1 the cost was nice but I found another system with a fancier pump but the speraco comes with a nice sized tank already. I guess sure I could have made a tank but between the mazda and the sunbeam I have too many cars to get ready for the racetrack to tool with the volvo :)

Can you run a higher quality nozzle with the spearco? I've heard of people using nozzles out of the mcmaster catalog along with running aquamist nozzles on lower end systems.