PDA

View Full Version : HFS-6 on a RX 7 FD3S (rotary)

Rene Barfred
21-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Hello Richard ,

Really hope you can help me out here ! I was one of the first (GB) who purchased the HFS-6 + summer for my Mazda RX7 FD3S (rotary), long time has gone and now I am just about getting it up and runnig ! BUT, I have some issues, the WI will not work proberly PLEASE HELP ;o)

Ok, I decided NOT to use the summer, as I found out it would only be nessesary if I was runnig bigger injectors than the stock 550 primary and 850 secondary, I run the stock injectors, so I use the Generic wiring diagram for my system, meaning I am only using the signal from the 850 secondary injector as recommended by you. Here is how i have it hooked up right now:

Red wire from the yellow harness (engine controller) going to 1B (B/W) on my EMS (ing.switch 12V+), Green wire from the yellow harness (engine controller) going to 4X (LG/W) on my EMS (secondary injector, front-), Blue wire from the yellow harness (engine controller) going to 10 (G/Y) on my EMS (map sensor), Red wire from the power input harness going to switched 12V, Black and White wire from the power input harness going to ground, Purple wire from the power input harness not used. I am currently not using the failsafe option so no wires used. So, as you can see, I am using the basic wireing installation !

So, here is what the system does by power-up procedure: step 1,2 and 3 all good until I start the engine ! green leds on the controller is on, but noone flicker and no yellow leds come on and flicker !

I then made the manual test by using the jumber links on the controller board, step 1 and 2 all good, step 3 does not have any effect the system will not spray ! so, I asume something is not hooked up right, I am not sure I have to use the Blue wire from the yellow harness (engine controller) as my sytem will use IDC ? it is hooked up, would that have a negative effect on the system ?

Hope you can help me and if anyone else RX7 FD3S owners have done the same installation as me I would welcome their thoughts ;o) thank's in advance guys.

Rene Barfred
DENMARK

Richard L
22-08-2011, 07:57 PM
Hello Rene,

Can you wire the green wire of the grey harness to the primary injector (LG/B -4Y) as the secondary will not come on until the 25% iDC. This is for testing pourpose. Once we confirm it is working, you can rewire it to the seconday.

Rene Barfred
22-08-2011, 09:27 PM
Hi Richard,

Thanks for your reply back to me ! of course I will try this but you write the green wire from the grey harness ? the green wire I have that goes to the secondary injector on the EMS comes from the yellow harness ! am I misunderstanding something here ?

Rene

Richard L
22-08-2011, 09:50 PM
Sorry, I got confused with the HFS-3. It should be from the yellow harness.

Rene Barfred
23-08-2011, 10:25 PM
Ok, great ;o) thanks Richard, I will let you know the results, when I will test it tomorrow.

Rene

Rene Barfred
29-08-2011, 10:20 PM
Hi Richard ;o)

I would just let you know, the system is working now ! I did wire the green wire to the primary injector and the system detected the injector and started spray water from low RPM, ok maybe I should have known this, because the system proberly worked before ! maybe other rx7 owners should know, the system will only work and all the led's come on when wired to secondary injector, after you take the car into boost/high RPM (mine starts to spray at about 8 PSI of boost) I thought the system would detect secondary injector allso at startup/idle, but the system is "dead" at idle/low boost, ok now it works flawless and I went to a trackday where I allmost used 10 Litres of water ;o) now the funny stuf begins, to finetune the system and maybe experiment with meth/water mix, as it is now, my system is set to trigger at about 25% of IDC I belive.

Rene

Richard L
09-04-2012, 10:54 PM
How is it going so far. now that the weather is getting better. Please post some pictures of that nice looking car of yours.

Richard

Rene Barfred
10-04-2012, 12:43 PM
Hello Richard and everyone ;o)

Ahhh, yes spring is here and summer is comming ! ok, so I got the HFS-6 installed and running on my Mazda RX7 FD rotary rocket, the system is running perfekt and I have been racing it on trackdays, with fantastic results ! it is now finetuned and I am running 50/50 W/M wich means I can now put it in highboost (1.1 bar) without detonation, I will asume that gives me aprox 450 HP with my mods right now. All in all I would say it is one of the best mods I have done to my car and especially it is eficient on a rotary due to high tempature and detonation. I will post some pics here, enjoy.

Rene Barfred
DENMARK

Supernaut
10-04-2012, 09:43 PM
Ok, I decided NOT to use the summer, as I found out it would only be nessesary if I was runnig bigger injectors than the stock 550 primary and 850 secondary, I run the stock injectors, so I use the Generic wiring diagram for my system, meaning I am only using the signal from the 850 secondary injector as recommended by you. Here is how i have it hooked up right now:

Where did you find this out? I've been using the summer for my stock injectors. The summer is by default, set up for stock injectors.