PDA

View Full Version : hfs-6 not working

kevinsola
24-08-2011, 12:50 PM
I have posted on nasioc forum, as ksola2, wondering if this is better?

kevinsola
24-08-2011, 02:01 PM
when accelerating the system starts with far right red led lighting then the yellow float level lite illuminates and meth dosent flow. the rest of the red leds would lite from left to right in the past when working, now they dont lite.

Richard L
24-08-2011, 02:43 PM
This is a good place for technical help.

Looks like a blockage or valve failed. The failsafe has picked it up and triggered the yerllow led.

Can you do the following;

1. Remove the water jet and manually activating it with "TST" jumper, Make sure "INJ" is linked.

2. If you don't see water coming out. Detectch the 6mm line to the FCM and retest

3. If all is well, pull out the restrictor and reinstate teh 6mm hose to the FCM and re-test manually.

kevinsola
26-08-2011, 12:41 AM
Its working 80% of the time now after testing system and changing noozle. Previous it wasnt working at all. The first time I bring up rpms the system goes yellow, then after repeated uses it works flawless. Also I am running 100% methanol about 18months.

Richard L
28-08-2011, 01:32 PM
Just a matter of interest, is there a clog on the previous nozzle?

Is your pump easily assessible? I suggest giving the pump pressure adjustment screw (1/16" allen key) an update. Clockwise until it clicks and wind back 1/4T. It should be about right for a 18 months old system, running 100% methanol.