PDA

View Full Version : Restrictor and Bubbles Question

playback
04-09-2011, 07:21 PM
Hi Richard. it's been a while :)

I was doing some maintenance and wanted to get my water meth back on track.

Just a reminder. I still have the restrictor in place and am running twin 0.7mm nozzels.

1.What nozzel or flow rate would be recommended on a K04 2L engine. It puts out roughly 300whp.
2. If the restrictor is still in place and I am running the twin setup that I have of 2x 0.7mm valves. Would the pressure be reduced to 0.9mm via both valves to say 0.45mm . If this is the case then I presume I would be getting less than optimal pressure currently even though on an external test it seems to work really well.
3. I noticed after the water injected test that the nozzel sits and drips 2 or 3 drops. Also that some bubbles slowly make there way back up the lines from the nozzels. What could be causing this ?

Richard L
04-09-2011, 08:04 PM
0. Can you remind me what system you are running. I believe it is a HFS-3v1 ?
1. What is your fuel injector size and what water/mehtanol ratio
2. If you have a restrictior in place, you flow will be limited by the restrictor. 0.45mm does not flow 50% of one 0.9mm jet. Check the jet flow table on the user manual.
3. There will be some dribble if there is a distance between the FAV valve and jets. Tp minimise the dribble, shorten the hose of create a loop on the hose below the valve level so gravilty will help keeping the line from emptying.

If you have two nozzles, water will commutate between the nozzles due to partial pressure differential. You will see bubbles in the line as the air displaces the water.

calvin007007
05-09-2011, 11:51 AM
hellow friend !
I have read your all information. I am thinking about it.
thank u
Event Management Company (http://www.organizersindia.com/)

playback
05-09-2011, 11:55 AM
0. Can you remind me what system you are running. I believe it is a HFS-3v1 ?
1. What is your fuel injector size and what water/mehtanol ratio
2. If you have a restrictior in place, you flow will be limited by the restrictor. 0.45mm does not flow 50% of one 0.9mm jet. Check the jet flow table on the user manual.
3. There will be some dribble if there is a distance between the FAV valve and jets. Tp minimise the dribble, shorten the hose of create a loop on the hose below the valve level so gravilty will help keeping the line from emptying.

If you have two nozzles, water will commutate between the nozzles due to partial pressure differential. You will see bubbles in the line as the air displaces the water.

Thanks for the quick response. I am as far as I know running the HFS-3v1 with out the gauge. Just the "on off button"

If you were setting up a car running 300-350hp or so what would you recommend the dual nossle size to start with ?

The gravity explains the drip as they were dangling when uninstalled and that obviously caused the problem. It's really not a big concern as it was like 1 or 2 drops, nothing major.

Thanks for the quick response. For some reason I batteled to find the chart on flow for the different nossels .
Since mine are roughly a year old would I benefit from new nossle design ?

Just looking for ways to optimise what I already have :)

I'm thinking of getting my board changed back to how she was with the 30/70 split on boost / ecu readings. I think she ran better like that ......as she was desinged to do :)

does Morne still have the 2nd board by any chance ?

playback
08-09-2011, 07:12 PM
So bessides all the above questions.

Can my hfs3 v1 be upgraded to a V2. Pump seems to be the same.

Just a different board and different cable for the ECU connector.

Can we purchase these upgrades ?