PDA

View Full Version : Problem with HFS-3 ::fixed::

RB5108
23-10-2011, 04:39 PM
Hi,

As you can see I'm knew to the forum and any help will be appreciated. I have a MK2 Focus RS that I have spent the best part of 18 months tuning and tinkering with. I thought I would be a little different and go with WI as it gave me good results on my Subaru many years ago...

I have gone through the quick start procedures and get stuck on testing of the water jets. The pump primes and is fine so i have water reaching the FAV however it says link "inj" and "sys" and you sholud see an instant cone of spray at the jet - I dont get this....

Also if i try to activate the system by F-IDC the system shuts down when i blip the thottle also I've noticed that my rev counter sticks at at what ever RPM it hits for about 10-15 seconds

My installaion can be seen here

http://www.focusrsoc.com/forums/topic/15631-brakes-water-injection-and-hard-pipe-kit/

Thanks in advance
Bryan

Richard L
23-10-2011, 07:41 PM
I like to get to kow this car a bit more. I remember it well.

Can you tell me what harness you used to pick up the IDC signal. There is something very strange because the system not affect the engine such as holding the RPM for 10-
15 seconds.

As you are not too far away, if it possible you can make it down to us sometime this week so that I can take a good look at it. I will be away for a week next week (31st Oct on).

RB5108
23-10-2011, 08:14 PM
Hi Richard,

Finally got round to fitting the kit to the car, the hard pipes took a little longer to make! I'm using the RJ48 connector direct to the top of the injector Red + and green -, i'm not using the map sensor as stated optional.

The pump is fitted in the front wheel arch and has been siliconed around the power cables. I'll post some of the install pictures.

I will try and pop down in the morning if that's ok, I'll call before i leave rather than just turn up. The car is booked in friday for a live map but if need be i can postpone if required as im off until the 12th november.

Enjoy the pictures, I'm really happy with the install i've managed to do, the gauge in the vent took two attempts.... cocked the first one right up lol

RB5108
23-10-2011, 08:21 PM

RB5108
23-10-2011, 08:25 PM

Richard L
23-10-2011, 08:36 PM
Amazine effort on the install. I am going to spend some time looking at them later.

You can call the office or email me [richard@aquamist.co.uk]

RB5108
23-10-2011, 08:44 PM
Thanks Richard..... Much appreciated

Richard L
24-10-2011, 02:15 PM
RB will explain the problem in more details, it is bascially the 12V supply into the unit is not able to supply the current required or the wire is associated with ECU signal. Hence making strange things to happen.

Rewired to a thick red and perfect.

RB5108
24-10-2011, 10:11 PM
RB will explain the problem in more details, it is bascially the 12V supply into the unit is not able to supply the current required or the wire is associated with ECU signal. Hence making strange things to happen.

Rewired to a thick red and perfect.

Many thanks to you again Richard....

Yes the power supply that I used showed 11.7 volts when the ingnition was on but when the car was started dropped and this was putting the unit in safe mode and turning off when rev'd. The power has now been taken directly from the fuse box and is now a continuous feed :D

Great product backed with fantastic support..

RB5108
17-09-2012, 11:07 PM
Good to see you today.. Thanks for the support and new nozzles for my next goal! I've had the car apart this afternoon and fitted one of the nozzles. The other is taped to the windscreen ready for some testing tomorrow...

I'll get some new pictures up ;o)

RB5108
17-09-2012, 11:13 PM
Good to see you today.. Thanks for the support and new nozzles for my next goal! I've had the car apart this afternoon and fitted one of the nozzles. The other is taped to the windscreen ready for some testing tomorrow...

I'll get some new pictures up ;o)

Richard L
17-09-2012, 11:18 PM
The new nozzle CVJ (check valve jet) (http://www.aquamist.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2323) is only just available. Sorry I have to assemble and test them them while you waited.

You car is very fast, I enjoyed the ride on our local circuit. Glad you have good brakes.

Please post some pictures of you car here, I am sure it will create some raised eyebrows. Very nicely done. Having 430+hp and nearly 500lb/ft must be a hand full even on a dry road.

Look forward to the results of the pre-IC/ IAT sensor spray.

RB5108
18-09-2012, 02:18 PM
Well after a morning of data logging and tweaking the map the results have been very interesting.. Putting the CVJ pre ic has allowed the car to flow 22g of air more and was seeing readings of 376g. The ambient temp was 17.5c and the inlet temps didn't rise above 25c. There's a couple more things I want to try befor the car goes back for its power run so watch this space. I have purchased a new set of denso plugs so going to re gap them to .6 as there is a slight cough around 3k... :lol::)

Testing was done in 4th gear at 2.5k revs , foot flat to floor to 6.5k revs! There were approx 15 runs and as I said inlet temps never went above 25c..... IC and HFS-3 working harmony :)

Back soon
Bryan

Richard L
18-09-2012, 06:23 PM
can you post some charts. You can email me the logs, I can chart them up for you.

It is very interesting the effect of pre-IC and pre-IAT sensor.