PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions about input /output

Tabasco69
25-02-2012, 04:56 PM
I read through the universal installation manual, this system can inject w/e mixture based soley upon sampling a injector wire? it does not also require a map sample?
I 'am using non stock fuel injectors, semiens deka high impedence 60lb/600cc, I a'm also using a AEM fic in tandom with the oe ecm to intercept and re scale pw of the injectors during closed and open loop, as implied the ecm out going signals are filtered and skewed via the FIC, question is where do I connect the hfs3 sample wire to, pre interceptor or post interceptor injector wire, thanks!

Richard L
25-02-2012, 05:16 PM
I would connect the HFS-3 to the nearest point of fuel injector itself.

Tabasco69
25-02-2012, 05:28 PM
so the actual signal sent to the injector, alright and I 'll ask again, I only have to sample the injector without also having to sample a map reading?

Richard L
25-02-2012, 06:24 PM
It is correct. The HFS-4 retreives all the necessary data from the PWM signal sent to the fuel injector.

Tabasco69
25-02-2012, 06:46 PM
Lol okay but I 'am going to be installing the hfs-3.......one more question please, what about jet placement in regards to maf location?
My iat is intergrated with my maf sensor, the arrangement I currently use is commonly known as a "blow thru", IE:the maf is located downstream of the intercooler, specifically -intercooler> blow off valve> maf/iat >throttle body.

I could clip the iat sensor wires and mount a sole iat unit between the maf and throttlebody, I know for my particular ecm every drop of temp of 10 degrees of the intake air, 1 degree of timing is automatically added.

I need to mount 2 .6mm jets, in your opinion at what location would optimal/ THANK YOU!

Picture included
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/5111/mazda3002.jpg