PDA

View Full Version : Hks evc boost controller

EvoX612
25-02-2012, 09:53 PM
How to make the boos controller lower the boost automatically when the tank is empty?

Richard L
25-02-2012, 10:02 PM
The HFS-3 does not switch to low boost when the tank is empty but it will reduce boost if the water flow is outside the failsafe window.

This is because the tank doesn't become empty instantly. Instead, it goes into an intermittent state when it is approaching empty. If this is tidied into the boost drop, the boost pressure will react badly. So under these conditions, the water level led on the gauge will flash, warning the user the tank is approaching low level.

If the tank level is low before the the ignition key is next recycled, the HFS-3 will not switch on after 5-10 second. The yellow dash gauge led will state on.

EvoX612
27-02-2012, 07:37 AM
I believe I should use a MAC to make lower the boost.

I have a Motec ecu. I use only one map.
Up to one 1 bar is without methanol injection.
After that is 1.6 bar with it.
If the tank goes empty how to make the boost come to 1 bar automatically to avoid breaking the engine.
Thx

Richard L
28-02-2012, 09:55 AM
The HFS-3 monitors the flow all the time. Use the onboard failsafe (grey connector).
Page 17, 18 of the user manual. (You) can make use of ther MAC valve. Read the wiring diagram for the EVOX on this forum.

This way to save your engine is much better than the water tank level.

EvoX612
28-02-2012, 05:02 PM
The HFS-3 monitors the flow all the time. Use the onboard failsafe (grey connector).
Page 17, 18 of the user manual. YPOiu can make use of ther MAC valve. Read the wiring diagram for the EVOX on this forum.

This way to save your engine is much better than the water tank level.

------------
What does YPOi mean and my car is a evo IX noe evo X with Motec m800 ecu

Richard L
29-02-2012, 10:47 AM
It is a typo (you). The evo 9 is easier with a mac valve. Can the motec control boost?