PDA

View Full Version : HELP! HFS-3 wont work! ::DEBRIS IN FLOW SENSOR::

igorsm
15-06-2012, 07:03 PM
Hi.

We have a problem. We have wired an HFS-3 PWM to 09' Dodge Challenger SRT-8 with supercharger, 11psi boost.

Connected everything as described - but system doesnt work.

Both + and - wires are wired to the injector. Green IDC light blinks and blinks faster with rpm.

BUT - the pump relay continiously clicks and clicks faster with rpm.

If we push the accelerator pedal hard - the gauge reboots, not even starting injection.

If car idles - the S light illuminates, w.inj and w.level are not illuminated.

What can be the cause of system rebooting?
Is it OK that pump relay continiously clicks and getting very hot?

Thanks!

Richard L
15-06-2012, 07:09 PM
It appeared the red and green wire (greu harness) to the fuel inejctor may have been reversed. Check this first.

igorsm
15-06-2012, 07:14 PM
But if green idc light blinks? Or it can still be the problem of reverse wired injector?

Richard L
15-06-2012, 07:36 PM
yes, it can be.

igorsm
17-06-2012, 07:14 PM
yes, it can be.

Thank you, it worked.

However there is another problem.

First, the pump relay was dead - we replaced it and now pump works.
Second the FAV was clogged with debris - now it flows.

but now, when system triggers there are two led lights which indicates a fault.
when i try to make it flow with SYS jumper - it works, however shows two yellow leds and shows no flow on potentiometer bar no matter what condition.

What can it be?

Richard L
17-06-2012, 08:10 PM
1) The failure of the relay may probably due to the previous wiring problem.

2) How did the FAV got clogged with debris? Did you not follow the instruction abour purging the system first? Anyway, it is ggod to knwpo you have managed to clear it. Nor sure if some got inside, which willbe difficult to clear.

3) It is normal for the system failsafe to trigger if it is not set correctly or no spray.

Can you go through the testing of the system on page 14 of the user manual before posting more questions here. It just make progress slow if you jump too far ahead.

For the time being put the jumper onto DFS (disable fail safe). Play with the system and then set the failsafe part later.

igorsm
17-06-2012, 09:00 PM
1) The failure of the relay may probably due to the previous wiring problem.

2) How did the FAV got clogged with debris? Did you not follow the instruction abour purging the system first? Anyway, it is ggod to knwpo you have managed to clear it. Nor sure if some got inside, which willbe difficult to clear.

3) It is normal for the system failsafe to trigger if it is not set correctly or no spray.

Can you go through the testing of the system on page 14 of the user manual before posting more questions here. It just make progress slow if you jump too far ahead.

For the time being put the jumper onto DFS (disable fail safe). Play with the system and then set the failsafe part later.

Is it ok that gauge show not a single bar of flow during SYS jumper activation?

Any attempt of using system in road test sets 2 led lights. I also tried WL WH and SC settings to avoid it with no luck.

Richard L
17-06-2012, 10:09 PM
Pleas ehelp me with the following questions:

1) "SYS" jumper on, does the system inject any liquid past the nozzles?
2) Does the "S" led lit on the gauge?
3) "SYS" jumper on. does the water pump deliver liquid before the FAV is connected?

igorsm
19-06-2012, 01:29 PM
Pleas ehelp me with the following questions:

1) "SYS" jumper on, does the system inject any liquid past the nozzles?
2) Does the "S" led lit on the gauge?
3) "SYS" jumper on. does the water pump deliver liquid before the FAV is connected?

1)yes
2)yes
3)yes

igorsm
19-06-2012, 02:12 PM
1)yes
2)yes
3)yes

also, when I hit the throttle "H" symbol on gauge always flashes.

Richard L
19-06-2012, 03:23 PM
B symbol indicates a single system trigger event. It only stays on continuously if there is water flow.

More questions please:

1) how many jets are you using?
2) what are their sizes?
3) have you done the "clip on the windshield test"? (using "SYS" test)

igorsm
19-06-2012, 03:49 PM
B symbol indicates a single system trigger event. It only stays on continuously if there is water flow.

More questions please:

1) how many jets are you using?
2) what are their sizes?
3) have you done the "clip on the windshield test"? (using "SYS" test)

1)2 jets
2) 0,8 and 0,9mm (the two smaller ones from the 3 jets supplied)
3)yes - it progressively flows meth.

Richard L
19-06-2012, 04:54 PM
So far good. The FAV is working.

The only problem left is the gauge display something during spray?

igorsm
19-06-2012, 05:10 PM
So far good. The FAV is working.

The only problem left is the gauge display something during spray?

Gauge display shows not a single bar of water flow.

however display is ok if I connect a bar jumper.

Richard L
19-06-2012, 06:27 PM
Can you tell me the serial number of the controller.

It is possible for you disassemble the flow sensor and clear the debris. Could be the result of the debris problem you mentioned earlier.

Can you take a picture of the flow sensor so that I can advise you how to dis-assembly it. There are two versions. Alternatively you can describe it.

igorsm
20-06-2012, 11:24 AM
Can you tell me the serial number of the controller.

It is possible for you disassemble the flow sensor and clear the debris. Could be the result of the debris problem you mentioned earlier.

Can you take a picture of the flow sensor so that I can advise you how to dis-assembly it. There are two versions. Alternatively you can describe it.

I've tried to replace the controller with another one (same HFS-3 system).
Same thing. No changes.

You think that debris inside the FAV can block reading of WFS?

Richard L
20-06-2012, 02:34 PM
Yes, I cannot see any other reason.

I need to know what version of flow sensor you have. Please give me an answer if you want me to help you further.

igorsm
20-06-2012, 02:44 PM
Yes, I cannot see any other reason.

I need to know what version of flow sensor you have. Please give me an answer if you want me to help you further.

found a reason.

fav was damaged during install and the internal propeller system was jammed.

thats why WFS didnt see anything.

thanks for your help!

Richard L
20-06-2012, 03:30 PM
I thought you have tested the manual spray and it worked? Post #12

igorsm
20-06-2012, 03:38 PM
I thought you have tested the manual spray and it worked? Post #12

Yes, but Im talking about internal spinning system which tells WFS how much water is flowing

Richard L
20-06-2012, 05:27 PM
Are talking about the same thing?

The flow sensor consists of two parts
1 The nickel plated brass tube with a turbine wheel inside
2. A plastic clip with a magnetic sensor that picks up the speed of the turbine wheel.

There are two versions... Both can be cleaned but different procedure. So tell me which version you have so I can supply with with the correct information for disassembling it.

igorsm
20-06-2012, 08:34 PM
Are talking about the same thing?

The flow sensor consists of two parts
1 The nickel plated brass tube with a turbine wheel inside
2. A plastic clip with a magnetic sensor that picks up the speed of the turbine wheel.

There are two versions... Both can be cleaned but different procedure. So tell me which version you have so I can supply with with the correct information for disassembling it.

turbine wheel was jammed

Richard L
20-06-2012, 10:42 PM
Is there any reason you are not answering my question, twice. I wouldn't like to you disassemble the flow sensor without any instruction in case you may damage it further.

If you want to go on your own way, you do not need to post here are any help. I am wasting my time and your time.

igorsm
20-06-2012, 10:52 PM
Is there any reason you are not answering my question, twice. I wouldn't like to you disassemble the flow sensor without any instruction in case you may damage it further.

If you want to go on your own way, you do not need to post here are any help. I am wasting my time and your time.

Come on, our professional mechanic did this job without any trouble.
we have found a reason why the system didnt work. You helped us with this.

thanks again.

Richard L
21-06-2012, 12:22 AM
Well I am glad you have cleared the debris off the sensor and made it work again. So the system is up and running again?

igorsm
21-06-2012, 07:31 AM
Well I am glad you have cleared the debris off the sensor and made it work again. So the system is up and running again?

yes, everything is perfect now!

Richard L
21-06-2012, 08:33 AM
This is indeed good news. Thanks for the update.