PDA

View Full Version : Leaking coupler

Raceready
23-06-2012, 06:54 PM
Hi Richard. I've had my system since the HFS-3 came out as I was one of the first group buyers in 2010. It's instaleed on an 03 wrx. Been running great but just today I noticed that more spray bars were being lit during hard pulls. I checked under the hood and found water/meth droplets around the coupler. Made sure hoses were inserted well and the found more leakage after another pull. The mixture was on the hoses leading to the jets where they join the coupler.

So, was wondering if I could purchase a new coupler from you or are those items readily available at hardware stores.

Thanks in advance for any help/direction.

Gerry Faw
gerryfaw@me.com

Richard L
23-06-2012, 08:09 PM
Interesting, I like to know more.

The gauge is certainly helpful in monitoring abnormal flow.

Since we changed to the compression fittings, we have not had one report of a leak. Can you take a picture of the coupler, I am not sure which fitting you are referring to.

No problem replacing it once I know what it is.

Raceready
24-06-2012, 06:07 PM
OK, here's a photo of the coupler, Richard. I not only had droplets on one of the hoses but had spray absorbed on the insulation on the underside of the hood and a very small amount pooled on the top of the intercooler. Probably just an accumulation of the 4-5 pulls I did.

And, yeah, the flow monitor worked great as it indicated some issue. I initially thought it was flowing more as a means of combating heat as it was hot and humid yesterday in Florida. So, glad I checked just to make sure.

Thanks for getting back so quickly.

Gerry

Richard L
24-06-2012, 07:15 PM
Thank you. Those are the last remnants of the push-in fittings. The latest kits use a 4mm metal tee. You can get them from our US dealer howertonengineering.com

Here is the link:
http://www.howertonengineering.net/categories/AQUAMIST-PARTS/?sort=featured&page=2

Raceready
24-06-2012, 08:08 PM
OK, thanks. So it's 'Quick fit type 'Y' piece for 4 mm hose', right? Would I need to cut the hose again. Not sure I have much slack. Thanks again.

Gerry

Richard L
24-06-2012, 11:03 PM
The new fitting is not quick-fit type. It is compression type. See below (tee is on the left):

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/NEW/fittings.jpg