PDA

View Full Version : Install after engine rebuild

Fendamonky
28-06-2012, 03:53 PM
I recently had a newly rebuilt engine put back in my car and tuned. Along with the new engine I had a new wiring harness/loom made for the engine.

As such the wiring for my HFS-3 (and rx-7 Summer unit) was disconnected, then reconnected. (Edit: I should mention that my HFS-3 was installed and working perfectly before my engine rebuild.)

Last night I had my mapping done and I'm a bit concerned that my HFS-3 may not be functioning properly. The reason why I'm concerned is the flow meter LEDs are being displayed as red (I could have swore they are meant to be green) and it does not activate in a smoothly progressive manner as it once did. I know that my pump is spraying as I could feel the tension in the line once the pump came on while my car was on the dyno. My car has been down for seven months, so my memory is a bit hazy but I'm fairly certain the DDS3 isn't meant to display like that.

Are the full (first time) install proceedures required any time the system is fully disconnected, then reconnected?

Vehicle/setup information:

My car is a 1994 Mazda RX-7. I'm running the HFS-3/Summer with the pump mounted in the boot running a 50/50 water/meth mixture (by weight). The nozzle is mounted pre-turbo on a (Precision) PT6265 turbo.

Thanks,

Levi

Fendamonky
28-06-2012, 06:18 PM
I guess my question really is:

What does it mean when my flow meter lights up in Red LEDs and will only light up the left two bars?

And..

How do I fix this?