PDA

View Full Version : Help setup trigger.

ek9max
28-06-2012, 11:32 PM
My tuner recommended for me to get an aem unit and start spraying at 4psi and full spray at 16psi.

I didn't like the cheap AEM. So I went with the HFS3

how should I set my aquamist up?

Please help!

Richard L
29-06-2012, 09:13 PM
The HFS3 track fuel flow, more reflective of true engine load than boost alone.

I would trigger the system by IDC% rather boost. This is boost can vary on the RPM scale depending on gear position.

Are you setting the system up yourself or your tuner? The HFS3 doesn't need much setting up because it is pre-configured from the factory. All you need to do is play around the triggering point (default) 42% IDC. You can alter this point between 12% to 72%.

ek9max
14-08-2012, 04:47 AM
Fair enough. I'm ok with that. Well I have my Thres set around 30 right now. And gain set at full at the moment.

Bascially my tuner is saying I need more meth in the midrange and less up top.

Any suggestions?

Richard L
23-08-2012, 11:01 PM
The IDC tracking naturally inject more at mid range because the ECU always inject more fuel in the mid range where the maximum torque is.

1) If you want more, You can solder link the MPS on the underside of the circuit boards. It will add more methanol/water in the mid range due to the 70% IDC and 30% Boost scaling. As RPM climbs beyond wastegate setting. The flow will decrease.

2) Alternatively, you can increase the gain so you can a fast ramp in the mid range and flatten off at high IDC. You can confirm this by seeing the >95% led comes on. (See page 13 of your user manual) -- you are doing this already. If you want even more add more jets.

3) finally, set the pre-amp to x1.5 on the underside of the circuit board (cut x1 and solder link x1.5).