PDA

View Full Version : Jet distance from throttlebody

Sato
07-05-2004, 04:20 AM
I run the base system and at the present time my 1 mm jet is 5 1/4 inches from the throttlebody after the intercooler. My question is I can {if there's an advantage to it} move the jet so it's about 11 inches from the throttlebody. Is this worth doing for better atomization before entering the engine? I know it's only a half a foot more but if you all think there's an advantage to do so ,,,I will!
Thanks,
Sato

Charged Performance
11-05-2004, 03:25 AM
If the set up allows for it I am a fan of bringing the jets further back to ensure a uniform an atomized mixture as possible. Most of us have dry intakes that were not designed to mix liquids with the air charge, every little bit of distance helps.

Sato
14-05-2004, 05:05 AM
If the set up allows for it I am a fan of bringing the jets further back to ensure a uniform an atomized mixture as possible. Most of us have dry intakes that were not designed to mix liquids with the air charge, every little bit of distance helps.

since it will be pretty easy I'll try it,
Thanks

M3Turboca
15-05-2004, 10:53 PM
From my understanding closer to the throttle body will give you better detonation supression. Because of the bigger water droplets entering the combustion chamber not haveing time to evaporate in the hot air.

Moving it away further away from the throttle body will allow the mix to distribute more evenly. This will also help to cool the air in the intake manifold.

The mist that comes out is already very fine and once you are in boost the air is very turbulent so I dont think there is a need to move it further than where you have it mounted.