PDA

View Full Version : E36 M3 3.0L Twin Turbo + Aquamist HFS-3

M3GTttHulk
27-07-2012, 10:43 AM
Hi,

I am in the process of installing the kit on my 1995 BMW M3 GT which has a custom Twin Turbo kit. Power output currenly "limited" to 500hp/700nm.

The main goal is to surpress any potential knock and also lower EGT's
Secondary goal is to lower the Intake Air Temps.

I am using the 2.5L window washer tank, pump mounted just below and in front of the tank, FAV will on top of the front mounted intercooler.

Fuel injectors are 750cc RC x 6, running at 80% duty cycle max (if I remember correctly).

My plans are to have 3x Jets/nozzles.
1x on the intake plenium for knock elimination and lower EGT's
1x on each of the two turbos, spraying the compressor wheel/impellar.

I figured I should use the 0.7mm restrictor and thus have a maximum flow of 680cc/min since 15% of the max potential of the fuel injectors is 675 at 100% duty.

My kit comes with 3x jets/nozzles as standard.
1.0mm/0.9mm/0,8mm.

What size nozzle/jets do you recomend that I use. I was thinking that I would have to go with the two smallest available (0.4mm) in front of the turbos, but then what should I use on the plenium? If the common way of doing this is 25% pre turbo and 75% post, then I will probably never reach that goal.

Need some help please

Richard L
27-07-2012, 04:19 PM
Sorry for moving the post as it is more appropriate to discuss your application here.

First of all, the pump water's cable gland is not water proof. If you are mounting the pump in the engine bay, make sure you put some sealant around the cable gland.

Avoid putting the FAV in high temperature areas such as near the exhaust components and behind the water radiator's heated air path. Keep the distance between the FAV and nozzles short, but not stressed.

You need need to run two nozzles to achieve 15% of 4500cc/min. (675cc/min). Allow 15-20% system loss, so you should allowing ~850cc/min and 0.9mm restrictor.

Two 0.4mm nozzle will spray ~300cc/min , leaving ~550cc/min for exit of the iC.

M3GTttHulk
27-07-2012, 08:04 PM
Sorry for moving the post as it is more appropriate to discuss your application here.

First of all, the pump water's cable gland is not water proof. If you are mounting the pump in the engine bay, make sure you put some sealant around the cable gland.

Avoid putting the FAV in high temperature areas such as near the exhaust components and behind the water radiator's heated air path. Keep the distance between the FAV and nozzles short, but not stressed.

You need need to run two nozzles to achieve 15% of 4500cc/min. (675cc/min). Allow 15-20% system loss, so you should allowing ~850cc/min and 0.9mm restrictor.

Two 0.4mm nozzle will spray ~300cc/min , leaving ~550cc/min for exit of the iC.
First of all I appreciate the answer Richard.

I was already advised by the vendor to seal off the cables of the pump, which i did with silicone gasket sealant.

So 2x0.4mm (1 on each turbo) and then the 0.9 or 1.0 on the plenium would be ideal. Thats great, I might even go for 2x0.3mm on the turbos. Then the the 1.0mm on the plenium. I will make a bracket on both turbos in order to spray directly on the center of the compressor whell.

I did plan to put the FAV on top of the intercooler, but that place is not very dry when it rains, but its cool. I might move the FAV to the pump location.

W