PDA

View Full Version : HFS-4 Trimmers and failsafe

mdhollis
22-03-2013, 01:55 AM
Hi all my name is Matt and I have a VW MK6 GTI 2.0T with a K04. I recently installed a direct port 5 nozzle setup and I have been experimenting with a lot of the trimmers. I have a couple of questions...

1. The only trimmer that will affect the way my failsafe operates is the thres, correct?

2. The gain will affect max flow or just the time it takes to get there? If it affects the max flow it will affect the WH failsafe correct?

Thanks

Richard L
24-03-2013, 10:38 AM
1. yes. If the threshold is altered, you need to reset the WL, WH and possibly the SC. Depending on the tolerance of the WL and WH set, adjust the FSDL to minimise flow spikes.

2. Yes, correct, gain is to scale the incoming signal to reach peak flow earlier. But there is also a danger of hitting flow ceiling earlier. Ideally, the red led (95%IDC) to coincide with the maximum fuel flow.

mdhollis
27-03-2013, 04:50 AM
Thanks Richard. I thought I knew a little about methanol injection until I bought this system lol. It is killer, I'm very impressed

Richard L
27-03-2013, 11:22 PM
Did you find it reasonably simple to set the system flow?

mdhollis
28-03-2013, 01:46 AM
Yes it is very simple. Setting the WL took me a little bit to get a grip of but I feel I got it now.