PDA

View Full Version : HFS-6 leak found, about to fix, have questions on full cycle priming

gakzilla
01-05-2013, 06:10 PM
Posted this in the gasoline FI forum... no love over there. Perhaps one of you guys could help me out??

Newbie here, searched high and low, found a couple threads that answered some questions but I have some additional ones at the bottom. Any help is appreciated.

Bought an 01 Audi S4 with hfs-6 installed on it running 100% meth. Developed a leak some time later, found the problem to be a faulty push-fit elbow fitting. Got all the new parts from howerton, everything seems straight forward.

Questions are:
1) Once everything is put back together, I know I need to prime the pump and clear the lines of air using manual trigger/test mode. By doing the test mode, will it throw off any settings that the prior installer set on the hfs-6 system?

2) After all the lines are cleared and reinstalled, is there anything else left that I need to check on?

Thank you!

Richard L
11-05-2013, 06:18 PM
1. After leak is repaired, you need to set the SC trimmer to display anyway. But do not touich the WL or WH unless itr is necessary.

2. Test the WL and WH setting to ensure failsafe is working. Switching off the gauge should drop boost back to wastegate.