PDA

View Full Version : Flow Sensor and Bar Graph

brightside
09-09-2013, 01:35 PM
I FINALLY got my system up and running yesterday and have a couple questions about the flow sensor. The bar graph moves sporadically at idle and i don't think it should be doing this. The nozzle is still on the windshield and no flow is present. The flow from the nozzle does seem to follow IDC and when the nozzle is injecting the bar graph does seem to be showing somewhat correct.

Should the bar graph be jumping sporadically at idle? how to correct this?

brightside
09-09-2013, 02:15 PM
My reading suggests that the hall effect sensor needs to be flipping around so that the wire coming out points up. Should correct?

Richard L
09-09-2013, 10:00 PM
Two possibilities:

1. Noise/ spike from adjacent wires... Possible solutions: shielding or re-route.
2. Hall sensor pick-up orientation is too close the N/S magnetic switching point... rotate the diametric orientation of the clip.

You can isolate the "two" by un-clipping the hall effect sensor at the sensor tube.

brightside
10-09-2013, 03:49 AM
And number two it was...

Now i flipped the assembly but now the FAV plug is facing upwards. Can I open the assembly and flip the cable gland to the bottom?

Richard L
10-09-2013, 08:33 AM
You can flip the plug by pulling out the centre part and flip it. Is it not possible to rotate the C-clip rather the fav?

brightside
10-09-2013, 04:02 PM
It isn't possible anymore because i drilled a hole and added grommet for the line to go through the plastic firewall. I'd hate to have two holes in my firewall to re-position the exit.......

Richard L
10-09-2013, 11:55 PM
I still am not sure why rotating the clip has anything to do with the cable entry. Please send a picture.