PDA

View Full Version : How to:compensate knock occurrence during spool up

STI-GRB
21-08-2014, 03:27 AM
Hello Richard,

I need some input on what parameter should be adjusted to compensate knock occurrence during spool up time?

I set the system to start spraying at around 28% IDC, at what point is actually the system start spraying full spray? I am willing to have the system to spray more before the full spray point to compensate knock at spool up. Maybe the system now doing partial spray too long ??
I am running stock injector(580cc) and dual jets 2x0.6mm in my stock TMIC
Btw I am using the 0.9mm restrictor. By taking this out will this help?

thanks

Richard L
21-08-2014, 05:44 PM
1. You can increase the gain so the system ramps up quicker.
2. You can solder link to activate the 30%MPS/70%IDC. (on the underside of the circuit board) It allows more flow during the spool up period.

STI-GRB
22-08-2014, 04:35 PM
Thanks Richard.

streetking
29-08-2014, 04:27 AM
STI-GRB, did any of the proposed solution work for you? I am getting similar problem during spool up on my 06 sti. Stock top mount, vf-48 - occasionally getting a -2 fbkc during spool up. Tuner thinks the system did not start spraying the same time as when the car was tuned.

STI-GRB
29-08-2014, 04:53 PM
Yeah, i took off the restrictor and adjusted the gain setting. It helps. What gas are you running?

streetking
29-08-2014, 11:10 PM
I am running 93 from Sunoco. My gain is already at max. I have a 1.2mm jet and have the 7mm restrictor. Removing the restrictor would improve the spraying response?

Richard L
30-08-2014, 06:40 AM
Removing the restrictor will increase low/min range spray by about 5%. With a try.

Have you tried using the 70% IDC/30% MAP option?

streetking
30-08-2014, 01:15 PM
Not yet. I am gonna try things one at a time. One thing I do notice is if I "pre-prime" the pump by linking the SYS jumper when I first start the car, the system seems to spray more "on time" because I would not get any feedback knocks during turbo spool up. I am thinking if a checkvalve right before the jet would eliminate the problem.