PDA

View Full Version : Failsafe triggering no failsafe?

johntotah94
28-09-2014, 07:32 AM
I have an Aquamist HFS-4 specific kit for my Mini Cooper R56.
Recently I installed a bigger K04 Turbo and got a new tune.
When I go wide open throttle the water injection light goes on, then the water level light, then the water injection light goes away but the water level light stays on. The "S" remains illuminated. Closer to higher RPM's, the lights turn off and the flow gauge reads flow. SC is about 1 o clock, WL is fully counter clockwise, WH is fully clockwise. Ive messed around with the trimmers and at default settings it does the same thing. Is the controller designed to read my boost levels? Not sure what would trigger the fail safe. I did just prime the system again, before the FAV, and through the FAV to ensure there is no blockages. I am currently boosting about 22psi. I have not soldered any links as I bought a Mini Specific kit which required no soldering. Currently about 260whp up from 160whp stock. Maybe the controller isn't made for my setup? Any help? Thanks!

Richard L
04-10-2014, 12:17 PM
system diagnosis is still on going. So far the electronics is not the cause. Items left: flow sensor , FAV and pump.

It is not easy when the system is pre-owned with little or no history.

11mcsaz
14-10-2014, 02:37 PM
As the original owner of John's kit, I am happy to chime in on the system. The kit and the electronics were not modified at all from Howerton's set up or configuration.