PDA

View Full Version : FCM Flow sensor signal

PEI330Ci
03-11-2014, 10:59 PM
Richard,

I'm using a Motec M1 series ECU to run my engine, and would like to control/monitor the FCM directly via this ECU. The software is not a problem, as I'm working with an M1 Development license.

My issue is that it's not clear what the flow sensor needs to give a signal (0-5Vdc?) to the M1 ECU.

What is ?Flow sensor calibration output voltage (5-0Vdc)??

Jeff referred me here.

PEI330Ci
04-11-2014, 12:51 PM
I guess I should mention that I'm not going to use the HFS-6 control module.

All other threads here I've seen mention of running the controller WITH a stand-alone. In my case, I'm running all of the Aquamist hardware off of the ECU and related electronics. (The pressure pump for example gets power from a Motec PDM)

I'm looking for advice on how to read flow sensor values, without the control module connected to the FCM.

Richard L
04-11-2014, 06:17 PM
This may not work well. The flow sensor signal sensitivity is controlled by the gauge via the HFS6 controller. If you take away the HFS6, the flow sensor will not function properly.

Does the motec have a D to A output (0-5V) to control the flow's sensor sensitivity?

PEI330Ci
04-11-2014, 09:13 PM
This may not work well. The flow sensor signal sensitivity is controlled by the gauge via the HFS6 controller. If you take away the HFS6, the flow sensor will not function properly.

Does the motec have a D to A output (0-5V) to control the flow's sensor sensitivity?

If I understand this correctly, a 0-5 volt signal is used by the FCM to scale the output of the flow sensor. So if I input a regulated (Constant) 5 volts from the ECU, I'm assuming the full flow capability of the sensor would be metered in a linear 0 - 5 volt range?

If this is correct, what is the resolution of the 0 - 5 volt range? 255 points?

Richard L
04-11-2014, 11:39 PM
This input is a multiplier/divider to the output signal. 0-255 steps is fine. It works in reverse, 0 being most sensitive and 255 least.

PEI330Ci
05-11-2014, 01:05 AM
Thanks Richard

I'm building the harness for the whole car now, will keep in touch of how I set this up.

Richard L
05-11-2014, 01:17 AM
In this case, you can just use the FCM only, it has a PWM valve and a 0-5V flow output to the motec. Provided you can adjust the sensitivity of the flow sensor. It doesn't have to be from the motec. You can use a 1K trimmer potentiometer and a 5V feed.