PDA

View Full Version : Aquamist 2C or 2D on a 2001 Miata

david.mt
20-06-2004, 10:28 PM
Hi

I am about to embark on installing WI on my 2001 Miata (currently 15psi on a built engine). The pump and additional water bottle will be located in the trunk along with the battery.

I haven't bought the kit yet but want to have all the additional parts ready for when it arrives. I may go for the 2C and interface with my MoTeC like Robbi or just add the 2D system as I currently have the last spare output driving my intercooler sprays which I like for a bit of fun but will rewire them separately if the 2C system with MoTeC is better than the 2D system - any views?

However I am a little confused over the 4mm or 6mm nylon hose.

You only get 1.5m of each with the kit and I will need over 3m to get from the trunk to the hood. What size hose is required between the pump, pressure switch, solenoid and spray or is it all interchangeable. If so what difference does it make - the kit only comes with 4mm jets.

I am running 550cc injectors so was going to start with a 0.7mm jet. The car will be dyno tuned and the WI is primarily for power but the detonation control will be helpful.

Also whilst asking what have you guys found to be the best location for the pressure switch and solenoid. I will be injecting just before the throttle body - there is a plate on my AVO intercooler pipes.

Thanks

Charged Performance
26-06-2004, 03:34 AM
In standard form the 6mm hose supplies the pump, the 4mm hose is used from the pump exit through to the jet.

6mm fittings are available to run from the pump to the jet, however this usually wouldn't be needed in a single pump application, the 4mm would be sufficient.