PDA

View Full Version : Inovation my friends, inovation.

bluto2000gs
05-02-2005, 02:38 AM
I have an Eaton M90 mounted directly on top of my engine(this was discussed in another post).

While it is an ideal setup and the most efficient path to the intake, it creates incredible heat therfore reducing performance and no real way to cool the air charge unless using a air to water intercooler mounted under the SC. The intercooler offered for my car works but has a heat exchanger restricting airflow between the SC and the intake.

I have come up with an SC spacer plate that will allow me to move my alky nozzle from the throttle body to below the supercharger.

This may not seem like a big deal, but no aftermarket manufacturer offers this, and I am pretty sure I'll be the first to try it. I should be getting the spacer this Sunday. If I do I will post some pics.

hotrod
05-02-2005, 03:20 AM
Very interesting. Let us know how it works. Take some intake temps if you can.

Larry

Richard L
07-02-2005, 11:58 AM
Same here, look forward to the report.

bluto2000gs
08-02-2005, 03:30 AM
Same here, look forward to the report.

Temps....thats a good idea. I was just going to use KR reduction and timing advnce for a measurement. I might as well rig up a temp probe.

mx5
27-02-2005, 06:08 PM
I have the same setup but M45 in a MX5. It is much better spraying before the supercharger than after ...