PDA

View Full Version : poor dyno results for WMI

cuprabaz
23-02-2005, 10:41 AM
I've got a 2001 Seat Ibiza Cupra 1.8T with a Snow Performance Boostcooler stage II, using 50/50 water/methanol mix and i've tried just about everything, adjusting pump pressures, nozzles, injection point, and it makes no difference to the dyno results.

But the car feels stronger with it on and the intake temp are 10 degrees lower with it, i'm lost!!

any tips guys

janis
23-02-2005, 04:57 PM
In my case, at 5 degrees C, I gained a staggering 4HP 7NM due to WI.
Just WI doesn't make you gain any HP. Several WI (re)sellers promise instant HP and torque increase, ... rubbish. Only If you had a problem before WI and the ECU holds back timing you might gain something due to WI.

WI enables you to up the boost to levels that are dangerous without WI.
I'm actually running a bit lean, but without detonation. Due to WI.

Also, in my case the HP and NM didn't increase much, but were reached 15% earlier with WI. That's maybe why you car feels stronger. More HP en NM at lower RPM :?:

That's all I can think about.
If you're not running lean, maybe you could increase turboboost (carefully though!!)

cuprabaz
23-02-2005, 11:51 PM
The boost was conservatively mapped @16psi due to the ibiza's crappy smic, noramlly people run the ko3s trubo at 20-22psi but the heat would have been to much for the smic. I'm getting a FMIC and further mapping in summer so that together with the WMI should give me decent results.

janis
24-02-2005, 08:53 AM
The boost was conservatively mapped @16psi due to the ibiza's crappy smic, noramlly people run the ko3s trubo at 20-22psi but the heat would have been to much for the smic. I'm getting a FMIC and further mapping in summer so that together with the WMI should give me decent results.

Isn't a "crappy IC" one of the reasons to add WI?
Some people replace IC's with WI.

Janis

cuprabaz
24-02-2005, 11:59 AM
Yes, but the WI was fitted after the new turbo and remap so i'm jsut waiting until i get the FMIC then i'll get it running SWEET!! More booooost please!!! :twisted:

janis
24-02-2005, 02:08 PM
Yes, but the WI was fitted after the new turbo and remap so i'm jsut waiting until i get the FMIC then i'll get it running SWEET!! More booooost please!!! :twisted:

MBC, that's what I did. $40 to $60 and you're set.

If you have a boost gauge you can just use a manual boost controller.

I got one of these:
http://www.boostvalve.com

This car:

http://www.boostvalve.com/cars/mikem.html

Has an engine that must resemble yours.

cuprabaz
24-02-2005, 06:41 PM
Na i'll pass on that one mate, i'll just get it remapped again once i get the IC.

i bought the Overboost solution kit before which worked very well when i had my old APR software and Ko3 turbo which made the car spike really high and go into limp mode.