PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on water/alcohol ratio

fastrick25
11-02-2006, 10:53 AM
Ok i just bought a kit of ebay that uses a 100psi pump, it comes with an m4 spray nozzle which sprays 4pgh.I plan on using the kit mostly for its cooling and knock reduction abilities not for simulating race gas.I was thinking of running 70%water/30%alcohol to get the desired results.The vehichle is a turbo eagle talon with a b16g which is making close to 300hp at the crank.If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.Thanks

dsmtuned
12-02-2006, 01:03 AM
Ok i just bought a kit of ebay that uses a 100psi pump, it comes with an m4 spray nozzle which sprays 4pgh.I plan on using the kit mostly for its cooling and knock reduction abilities not for simulating race gas.I was thinking of running 70%water/30%alcohol to get the desired results.The vehichle is a turbo eagle talon with a b16g which is making close to 300hp at the crank.If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.Thanks

Welcome to the forum!

I have a 1g DSM with a small 16g and run a 50/50 mix of distilled water and methanol. This is the combo that has worked the best for me in reducing knock and cooling the intake charge, as I am WAY out of the efficiency range of this turbo at 5000ft (20-21psi).

I think the best advice is to experiment and see what your set-up likes.

Enjoy,
Craig

fastrick25
12-02-2006, 04:23 AM
Thanks Craig for your input, with your setup did you gain hp or were you soley using it for its antiknock and cooling abilities.I think i will try a few variations to see what works best for me.

dsmtuned
13-02-2006, 05:42 PM
Thanks Craig for your input, with your setup did you gain hp or were you soley using it for its antiknock and cooling abilities.I think i will try a few variations to see what works best for me.

I have never played on a dyno to see the quantitative hp gain with WI on. I have been able to run higher ignition timing and leaner fuel with WI.

HP gains will come from the more aggressive tuning that is possible with the WI cushion.

-Craig

fastrick25
14-02-2006, 07:29 AM
Ok i got my kit and did as much preasembly before install and i've have a gallon of 72%water/28% alcohol already made.My plans are to start the injection at 12psi .

GTO
18-03-2006, 07:21 AM
hey dsmtuned, what kind of methanol set up are u using, i just bought a regular methanol kit, and dont know i should have just settled for a progressive spray. i didnt have enuff cash to fork over for the progressive spray set up. just wanting to know if the kit i bought is junk, and will do more damage than good. oh btw this is for a 3000GT, vr-4.

thanks for the help

dsmtuned
18-03-2006, 04:45 PM
hey dsmtuned, what kind of methanol set up are u using, i just bought a regular methanol kit, and dont know i should have just settled for a progressive spray. i didnt have enuff cash to fork over for the progressive spray set up. just wanting to know if the kit i bought is junk, and will do more damage than good. oh btw this is for a 3000GT, vr-4.

thanks for the help

I built my kit myself. I used 2 Aquamist nozzles, a Shurflo 100psi pump, 2 Hobbs pressure switches, 2 solenoid valves, the 4mm Aquamist line and quick connects.

I think it probably doesn't matter which kit you use, but you definetly want quality nozzles. You also want to make sure your pump can handle methanol. The Shurflo seems to handle it ok, but others don't.

Goog luck!
-Craig