PDA

View Full Version : Injector Amplifier (FIA) question

DJ
12-02-2006, 09:22 PM
HI Guys

I installed a 2D kit on a toyota supra (800WHP), I kept in simple with a high flow water pump/shurflo and the FIA and two 1.0mm nozzles on the Interncooler piping.

I have an AEM engine managment system, resistor solenoid inline the injectors. Peak and Hold type 800 CC ones.

What`s the pressure switch rated at from factory?

How many miliseconds should the FIA reads before actual injecting water in the system?

I haven`t put it on the dyno with hogh boost, high IOT ms, but on neutral, and rev it to 5-6000 rpms, by passing the pressure switch I can see the red led on Fia pulsing but no water going trough nozzles, of course it might be around 1,5 to 2,5 IOT ms, so I though it wasn`t enough to see water coming out

Thanks for the comments

DJ
Caracas, Venezuela

DJ
14-02-2006, 03:39 AM
The pressure switch is factory rated at 10 psi

Clockwise will yield a higher psi rating Counter clock wise will do brackwards a quarter turn will yeild 2 psi aprox difference

System works great with a 12V switched as for injector in the supra

Richard L
14-02-2006, 11:35 AM
Hello DJ,

The FIA2 can read pulses down to 2.5ohm injectors (peak and hold mode) but if you are using 1.2ohm injectors, we need to modify the FIA2 to read it.

I think your present problem is due to the FIA2 only seeing the "peak" portion of the pulse (about 1ms) and not seeing the "hold" portion. Please email me your address and I will send to a modified FIA2 to replace you present one.

Richard

HI Guys

I installed a 2D kit on a toyota supra (800WHP), I kept in simple with a high flow water pump/shurflo and the FIA and two 1.0mm nozzles on the Interncooler piping.

I have an AEM engine managment system, resistor solenoid inline the injectors. Peak and Hold type 800 CC ones.

What`s the pressure switch rated at from factory?

How many miliseconds should the FIA reads before actual injecting water in the system?

I haven`t put it on the dyno with hogh boost, high IOT ms, but on neutral, and rev it to 5-6000 rpms, by passing the pressure switch I can see the red led on Fia pulsing but no water going trough nozzles, of course it might be around 1,5 to 2,5 IOT ms, so I though it wasn`t enough to see water coming out

Thanks for the comments

DJ
Caracas, Venezuela

DJ
14-02-2006, 01:55 PM
Hey Richard

Always amazing me with your service mate, the system is working GREAT! Terrific with standard aftermarket supra injectors, siemmes type, top feed!!

This is in the 2jzgte with AEM EMS

Thanks I will post my dyno results soon :)

DJ

Richard L
14-02-2006, 07:38 PM
I look forward to your results.

Hey Richard

Always amazing me with your service mate, the system is working GREAT! Terrific with standard aftermarket supra injectors, siemmes type, top feed!!

This is in the 2jzgte with AEM EMS

Thanks I will post my dyno results soon :)

DJ