waterinjection.info

waterinjection.info (http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum2/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Aquamist systems in details and latest offerings (http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum2/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Rotary "Summer" Unit GB interest (http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum2/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1916)

Rawbz08 02-06-2011 10:44 PM

Re: Rotary "Summer" Unit GB interest

richard i had no idea what ever happend to this... i was just going thru my subscriptions on rx7 club and figured i stop by. well i guess we got the 20 min it looks like. so now the hfs-6 have stopped production. i never received any kind of notifications on this thread. so now what is the next step.

HIZOKU 03-06-2011 03:05 AM

Tell me about it i waited ages for this GB to then be told there will be no HFS6 so i just got one from local dealership a bit disappointed in how it all turned out,

Now lets hope my HFS6 works when it comes to install time

xIceHoundx 03-06-2011 07:53 AM

Richard could you tell us reasoning for the stop in production of the HFS-6 system and what the exact differences are between the HFS-3 and HFS-6 especially in how it pertains to rotary and use with the summer? I personally am one of those overkill kinda guys and would rather spend money on the product with the most options and tuneability so that later down the road when I go higher I dont find myself having to replace as much.

Richard L 05-06-2011 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rawbz08 (Post 14771)
richard i had no idea what ever happend to this... i was just going thru my subscriptions on rx7 club and figured i stop by. well i guess we got the 20 min it looks like. so now the hfs-6 have stopped production. i never received any kind of notifications on this thread. so now what is the next step.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xIceHoundx (Post 14773)
Richard could you tell us reasoning for the stop in production of the HFS-6 system and what the exact differences are between the HFS-3 and HFS-6 especially in how it pertains to rotary and use with the summer? I personally am one of those overkill kinda guys and would rather spend money on the product with the most options and tuneability so that later down the road when I go higher I dont find myself having to replace as much.

A product will have to be updated from time to time, we feel the HFS-6 is due for one. The HFS-6 has been out for over two years now and have received two minor upgrades. The next giant step forward has to be a total hardware change.

As regarding to the "summer bundle" GB, it wasn't strictly a full commitment for either party, no deposit was requested and there are no closing date. All we did was asking 20 interested parties before building the Summer v3. We fulfilled our promise and went on producing the summer and now it is available.

There are plenty of HFS-6s available through our dealers if anyone wants one. We just want to create a time gap between the next model so customers will not get caught in a situation where the new replacement is launched after the day of a H6 purchase.

Looking forward...

The HFS-3v1 has been updated recently to v2. It is almost as good as the HFS-6 except the pressure compensation trimming is fixed rather variable. As far as the summer/H3 preformance, it matches the H6 very well.

The HFS3-v2's main advancement is the ability to decode the latest "direct" injection signals such as the Mazadspeed 3/6 and the BMW's new piezo-electric based fuel injector. Unforturnatly this improvement does not affect the RX7.

The new Hxxx system will not be available before September at the earliest if we decide to launch it at all.

There is one thing for certain, the HFS-3v2 will be available for at least 6-8 months, We have no plans to replace it.

Richard L 05-06-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HIZOKU (Post 14772)
Tell me about it i waited ages for this GB to then be told there will be no HFS6 so i just got one from local dealership a bit disappointed in how it all turned out,

Now lets hope my HFS6 works when it comes to install time

I believe you were offered one a few months ago but you decided to purchase it from our Australian dealer.

xIceHoundx 05-06-2011 07:24 PM

Thanks for the info Richard, if we were to purchase an HFS-6 system from your dealer would it be at all possible to get the summer from you guys at the reduced price thats listen for the bundle?

Richard L 05-06-2011 08:53 PM

It is not possible because we would be making a loss. The HFS-3 is the only one available for this GB. I have made available 6 HFS-6 system a month or two ago but only a few takers, for this reason, we release the rest to the dealers.

I can make the H6 available again if all the people on the list is willing to commit fully and pay a deposit. Making this into a proper GB.

HIZOKU 05-06-2011 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard L (Post 14312)
We have decided ship free to US and Australia. Price will be as posted on the forum.

Richard

you wanted to charge me shipping after saying it was free making it more expensive to buy from you then aust dealer who just got stock.

look it dont matter now water under the bridge

Richard L 06-06-2011 08:28 AM

We have shipped quite a few kits to Australia and shipped free so far.

I looked back on my pms, I have confirmed the free shipping to you. You decided to buy from our AUS dealer. I have quoted you the GB bundled rather than the H6 alone -a mistake that would rectify itself and during invoicing. I apologise for the mistake.

I have also warned you that the H6 will be discontinued.

HIZOKU 07-06-2011 07:47 AM

you know what your right i read it wrong i read it as shipping fee

my mistake oh well i already got my HFS6 unit

Richard L 08-06-2011 01:06 PM

All is well after a few mis-communications. I am looking forward to work with you on the install.

Rene Barfred 30-07-2011 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard L (Post 14232)
OK, I will explain this another way...

Lets say every 100BHP requires 550cc of fuel

1. Your pair of 550cc primary injectors at 50% DC will fuel up to 100BHP. If you do not require to injector water/methanol before 100BHP, then the summer is unecessasy. Just run off the secindary injector.

2. Your pair of 1600cc primary injectors at 50% DC will fuel you up to 290BHP. In this case, you do need the summer. I believe at thsi power level, wmi is require to raise your in-cylinder cooling capacity.

Hello Richard and all you rotaryheads ;o)

Quite a while back, I was one of the first to purchase the HFS-6 for my RX7 FD, I bought it with the summer, set to 550 ccm primary/850 ccm secondary by Richard, I allso talked to Richard by phone because he was interested in, how it all worked out on the rotary as he was in the beginning of the WI on rotaries, as time has gone I have still not managed to install my HFS-6 setup, but are very close now ;o) the only thing I am confused about now is the above statement, I am still running stock injectors (550 primary/850 secondary) and will not have to inject water/meth before 100 BHP, so as I understand of the above, I do NOT have to install the summer, but only have to hook the HFS-6 to the secondary injector ? my next question is, I will wire/splice it to my power FC ECU, to get the signal from the secondary injector, I am not totally sure what terminal/number/coulor on the power FC ECU the secondary injector is ? according to Richard (and what I can see) I would have to splice it into the terminal 2B, LG (4Z) and the wire coulor should be yellow with a blue stribe, right ? if I WILL have to splice in the summer to see my 550 ccm injectors, according to Richard (and what I can see) I would allso have to splice it into the terminal 2B, LG/B (4Y) my car is a 93 eurospec. lefthanddrive car. I am really looking forward to hear from you guys and hope you can help me out with this, thank's in advance !

Rene Barfred
DENMARK

Richard L 13-08-2011 07:24 PM

Rene,

I missed this post, sorry.

1. You can run the HFS-6 without the summer as you are still on stock injectors.
2. I believe the second injetcors are light green, pin 4Z.
3. You were right on light green, pin 4Z.
4. What signal is on terminal 2B?

Richard

xIceHoundx 04-09-2011 12:09 AM

PM sent reguarded the desire to purchase a summer and HFS-6 system if available or HFS-3 system if the HFS-6 system wont be available for a long time again.

jduani 21-09-2011 05:30 PM

Hey Richard! Are these kits still for sale? If they are can I get a Summer and HFS 3 System? Please PM me or email me at jonnyduani@gmail.com

THANK YOU!

xIceHoundx 21-09-2011 05:49 PM

Its prob easier if you just email him richard@aquamist.co.​uk
I just purchased an HFs3v2 system and RX7 summer from them a week or so ago hes very helpful over email

jduani 22-09-2011 03:49 PM

He just emailed me thanks!!!

Supernaut 26-03-2012 10:24 PM

Hey guys,

Did Richard put out any info on how to adjust the summer for larger injector sizes? I remember Richard saying that it wasn't difficult to do but I have no idea on how to do it.

Richard L 31-03-2012 10:40 PM

which summer version is this?

Supernaut 09-04-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard L (Post 16360)
which summer version is this?

Sorry for the late reply. The one before this GB. I believe it is a v2.

Richard L 10-04-2012 09:31 PM

The v2 should come with a instruction how to calibrate the summer for different size jets. If you have lost it, pm me your email address and I will send it to you.

Supernaut 12-04-2012 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard L (Post 16427)
The v2 should come with a instruction how to calibrate the summer for different size jets. If you have lost it, pm me your email address and I will send it to you.

Ahh that's possible. Since I didn't install it, it might have gotten lost at the shop. Thanks Richard!

bncr34 24-05-2012 04:48 PM

Hi I am interested in the summer unit, is it still available for purchase? I know I'm a little late but I just purchased my fd last week, hopefully I can still jump on the bandwago..

Richard L 25-05-2012 07:44 AM

It is still available. contact me at richard at aquamist.co.uk

ejcabrera 29-06-2012 12:08 AM

interested in an hfs3 with summer unit