waterinjection.info

waterinjection.info (http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum2/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Aquamist HFS-3 forum (http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum2/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   HFS-3 was working... now a hiccup ::FIXED:: (http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum2/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1716)

gengo 25-03-2010 08:59 PM

HFS-3 was working... now a hiccup ::FIXED::

I had my HFS-3 system installed on my Evo X and got the car tuned on March 15. Everything was pretty rosy, and the car put down some great numbers. I'm running 50/50 with high quality meth .

The pump was a bit louder than I expected (sounded like electrical sparking whenever pump was triggered) but I have no previous experience with water/meth injection. I guess this sound is normal. Just sharing this for others.

On my first long test drive (spirited driving in Malibu), I got about 30 minutes in before I got a check engine light for my wastegate solenoid. Took car to tuner/installer yesterday because the car was down on power. Initial diagnosis is that the system is only spraying intermittently. Had to switch back to a 91 octane safe map.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or have ideas on what to check first?

Cheers in advance.

Richard L 25-03-2010 09:38 PM

Re: HFS-3 was working... now a hiccup

can you post some pictures of the tank and pump location? I am suspecting air has gone into the system. It should be picked up by the failsafe.

gengo 26-03-2010 12:34 AM

Sure... will snap a pic and post it!

Richard L 27-03-2010 11:42 AM

Can you clip a jet on your screen put the jumper link on "M.TEST/SYS" and describe the spray pattern to me. Also oberve the bargraph on the gauge.

gengo 30-03-2010 03:47 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Hope these pics help!

gengo 30-03-2010 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard L (Post 12459)
Can you clip a jet on your screen put the jumper link on "M.TEST/SYS" and describe the spray pattern to me. Also oberve the bargraph on the gauge.

Since I don't work on the system directly myself (lack of garage and tools), I have to wait until April 10th to get my car back to my installer. They will go back through all the install steps to diagnose the problem.

Richard L 01-04-2010 11:52 PM

Can you pm me their phone number to I can be on stand-by on that day. Alternatively they can email me to request a call from me.

My email:
richard@aquamist.co.uk

gengo 02-04-2010 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard L (Post 12512)
Can you pm me their phone number to I can be on stand-by on that day. Alternatively they can email me to request a call from me.

My email:
richard@aquamist.co.uk

Richard, you got PM.

Richard L 02-04-2010 03:22 PM

Thank your for contact details.

Can we try to make an attempt between to solve this problem. I can call you on the phone and do some quick diagnostic work. It is not necessary to have a garage, you don't enen have to drive the car. Just need a quiet road.

gengo 03-04-2010 01:07 AM

I'm willing to do some diagnostic work... sure. I'll PM you my number as well.