waterinjection.info

waterinjection.info (http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum2/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gasoline Forced-Induction (http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum2/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Injecting prior to turbo comp' impellers (http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum2/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=251)

parmas 24-11-2014 08:07 PM

Re: Injecting prior to turbo comp' impellers

Quote:

Originally Posted by HYDE16 (Post 21016)
Thank you so much, that would be a great option, the one small issue is that where the gold pipe ends and meets the turbo inlet, there is another 90 degree bend within the turbo's compressor housing.

Testing is your friend.

Begin with the smallest possible nozzle - setting injection to begin as late as possible ( preferably after 10psi for sure)

HYDE16 24-11-2014 08:11 PM

I have an Aquamist .3mm jet (smallest) ready to go with an adjustable boost switch from 1psi-25psi, I want to test at like 20psi to see.

Flr Power 25-11-2014 05:51 PM

Follow the installation manual and you won't go wrong. Inject the recommended W/M injection based on injectors fuel flow. Most of the time, spraying past 10 psi is too late...

HYDE16 25-11-2014 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flr Power (Post 21019)
Follow the installation manual and you won't go wrong. Inject the recommended W/M injection based on injectors fuel flow. Most of the time, spraying past 10 psi is too late...

I have a full HFS-4 system already setup and dialed in with direct port and post intercooler. This pre-turbo is an auxiliary setup for high boost (20-29psi).

Richard L 03-02-2015 10:55 AM

Do you notice and improvement?

HYDE16 03-02-2015 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard L (Post 21154)
Do you notice and improvement?

Hey Richard. I got the bung welded in place and the intake pipe finished. Got my solenoid, wiring, .3mm jet and a custom bracket made. I'm currently waiting on a special OEM style switch and warmer weather to get this installed finally. :)

Richard L 04-02-2015 09:46 AM

I am looking to the update.

HYDE16 06-03-2015 06:39 PM

Ok, quick update, it's been in the 20's here in New Jersey but I've been forcing myself to sit in the garage with a space heater to get this work done. I ended up ripping out my tank and pump from the trunk and I still have to install an inline filter and properly mount eveything.

As of last night I finally finished my new custom layout in the engine bay, complete with custom fabricated plate and new lines. Please let me know what you think of my layout based on this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_zlC...ature=youtu.be

-Due to the length of the wiring harness, the FAV has to stay on the passenger side of the car (see beginning of the video)
-4mm line runs across the front of the car above the radiator/fans to the drivers side
-4mm line runs under the custom fabricated plate to a 4mm T-fitting.
-The first end runs to the .6mm CVJ post intercooler for cooling
-The second end runs to the inlet on the 6-port distribution manifold
-The top four ports run under the MAF housing/air filter to the four direct port .6mm CVJs
-The fifth port loops to the solenoid (controlled by switch in cabin) which runs to the .3mm pre-turbo jet

Can you tell me if this looks good functionally? I know it's a TON of 4mm line after the FAV but I can't get the FAV wiring harness any longer to mount it on the custom fabricated plate along with the 6-port distribution manifold and solenoid. I would love to move it there but the harness is not long enough. I will data log the car on my water methanol software to see if there is any issue with flow or timing correction due to the added complexity of the system but at a pump pressure of 185psi with 5 total CVJs at 15psi cracking pressure, I'm hoping that an increase in GAIN or THRESH may help out.

Really looking forward to any feedback before data logging the pre-turbo jet.

Richard L 06-03-2015 07:53 PM

Looks great with all those sleeved lines. I notice a Coolingmist valve in the loop, what is it doing there?

The FAV and flow sensor was is about 2.5M long, about 8-feet, so how are they routed?

HYDE16 06-03-2015 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard L (Post 21228)
Looks great with all those sleeved lines. I notice a Coolingmist valve in the loop, what is it doing there?

The FAV and flow sensor was is about 2.5M long, about 8-feet, so how are they routed?

Hey Richard thank you so much. It took a while but it's the finished effect I'm after. The CoolingMist solenoid was a leftover part which I decided to use basically as an on/off valve for the pre-turbo .3mm jet. I can open this solenoid from a button inside the cabin, basically allowing me to choose when I want to use pre-turbo injection and inititally to be able to run data logs back to back to test with and without pre-turbo injection.

In the GTI they are routed through the glove box, firewall and then alongside the passenger side fender. I have some extra wire bundled up but I don't think it will reach around the front of the engine bay, I may have to try and re-route through the firewall. Ideally I will find a way to get the FAV on the driver's side on this custom fabricated plate to keep it all together.

The main question I have now is do you foresee any issues the way it's routed now? Pressure drop, leaks, bursts, lower flow rate?