waterinjection.info

waterinjection.info (http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum2/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Aquamist HFS-4 forum (http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum2/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   16 Wrx Map Switching Fail safe (http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum2/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=3070)

16-WRX 02-06-2017 12:40 PM

16 Wrx Map Switching Fail safe

Hopefully someone can help me out.

I would like to wire up the orange wire from the Aux to switch maps upon failsafe. I will be using the TGV sensors. So if I remember correctly I will be using the blue wire the green harness. My question is where do I tap the orange wire into. Since the accessport now allows map switching I would like to try this method. Do you have an solutions to get this to work or how to wire it for the 16wrx? I see most people just use the waste gate Fail-Safe.

Hopefully someone can help!

Richard L 02-06-2017 06:21 PM

Re: 16 Wrx Map Switching Fail safe

The blue wire in an input of the HFS4's aux failsafe.
The orange wire is an output wire to switch map via the OE ECU.

What model year is your car?

16-WRX 02-06-2017 06:36 PM

It's a 2016

Richard L 02-06-2017 08:26 PM

This is the EJ or FA engine?

16-WRX 02-06-2017 08:46 PM

Fa 2.0

The TGV wiring should work for map switching. Flex fuel people are using it for map switching with the accessport.

Hopefully we can figure out how to wire it for the HFS4. I would put the jumper in FS1 correct?

Thanks for all your help.

Richard L 03-06-2017 08:46 AM

I believe the pin you are looking for is on terminal 40 (LF) and 41 (RH) of the E158 plug. they are the input signals for the tumble generator valves. If you can post the result after you have identified the correct pin, I will add this to the current FA wiring diagram

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/HFS4/wirin...web/tumble.gif

16-WRX 03-06-2017 09:37 AM

Thank you so much, just the orange wire from the Aux cable would tap into that pin correct? Since it will trigger the voltage drop. Since I will be using the aux fail safe I no longer need to tap into the boost controller.

Then the jumper will go to FS1

I will be be wiring it this weekend then testing this coming week.

Thanks again for all your help.

Richard L 03-06-2017 03:57 PM

When failsafe triggers:
(Orange wire of the grey harness)

FS0 ......... 0V goes to 5V
FS1 ......... 5v goes to 0V

I think this is how it works, just check in case. You can also use the relay output (brown and white wore). It is safer as it still work after power is cut.

16-WRX 16-06-2017 02:34 AM

After a week or so I still cannot figure out map switching. I have the system wired correctly the thres and fail safes set up correctly. But for some reason I keep throwing CEL lights. Primarily P0453 and P0451. These are EVAP codes. I have been able to drive with these to set up the system. But periodically I will get no cranks and have to reset the battery and some times jump the car. I am using the orange wire tapped into the right tgv. When I shut the system off using the gauge the volts will work correctly 0v to my right tgv. But my left tgv will get 2v and then my coolant gauge on my dash will act as it's shut off. I have double checked the grounds as well. Do you suggest I try the brown and white wire? I can clip the actual tgv wire that was plugged in when I had tgvs and not the ECU portion I am using now. Do you have an clue why I am throwing these codes I am using DR1 too. With the system unplugged I get no CEL at all.

Just for other people's knowledge the TGV postion wires are as followed.

Right tgv is white and red E158 40

Left tgv is yellow and red E158 41

Richard L 16-06-2017 07:36 AM

The tgv pin is repurposed by the reflash software. If you haven't reflash the ECU, it will throw codes.