waterinjection.info

waterinjection.info (http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum2/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Aquamist HFS-3 forum (http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum2/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Water Level light (http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum2/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=3135)

tezlum 25-06-2018 09:54 PM

Re: Water Level light

I do recognize I have oversized injectors for my current power levels on 94AKI pump gas. But I have a 0.8 and 0.9 installed currently.
My tuner also wanted to possibly go to a just a single 0.9 jet

Richard L 25-06-2018 09:56 PM

This is good. What jet size are you currently using?

tezlum 25-06-2018 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard L (Post 24501)
This is good. What jet size are you currently using?

I currently have a 0.8 & 0.9 installed

Richard L 25-06-2018 10:32 PM

I believe the 2014 gauge shares the water level led when it activates. The new/latest dash gauge turn on both yellow led when failsafe triggers.

Can you check the yellow wire (blue harness) of the water level sensor is not grounded or corroded.

Lastly, unplug the blue harness from the controller, see if the water level led still comes on.

tezlum 25-06-2018 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard L (Post 24503)
I believe the 2014 gauge shares the water level led when it activates. The new/latest dash gauge turn on both yellow led when failsafe triggers.

Can you check the yellow wire (blue harness) of the water level sensor is not grounded or corroded.

Lastly, unplug the blue harness from the controller, see if the water level led still comes on.

I believe it's the newer style of gauge normally or if I move the WL full cw to create a failsafe condition both lights come on then water level stays on till failsafe resets then if I set WL full ccw where it shouldn't failsafe only water level comes on every time it injects and failsafe activates

The yellow wire on the blue harness is not grounded when I checked pump and level sensor are plugged in with the blue ethernet unplugged to test for conductivity.

With the blue harness un plugged the gauge when car is idling has no water level light on same as before. But when taken pass the threshold it activates the w injection light and water level then the injection goes out and water level stays on till the failsafe resets

Richard L 26-06-2018 06:38 AM

In this case of both led activates, it indicate a failsafe trigger, nothing to do with the water level sensor.

- "Low tank level" led on = water fluid level
- "Water injection" + "water level" led on = failsafe trigger
- Both led off = normal

Which one of the above statements is not true?

tezlum 26-06-2018 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard L (Post 24505)
In this case of both led activates, it indicate a failsafe trigger, nothing to do with the water level sensor.

- "Low tank level" led on = water fluid level
- "Water injection" + "water level" led on = failsafe trigger
- Both led off = normal

Which one of the above statements is not true?

Normally when not injecting and driving under the threshold both LED's are off.

If the failsafes are set properly only the water level light comes on under any instance when the threshold has been meet or exceeded

If they WL is set wrong to simulate no flow or the blue harness is unplugged so the pump doesn't run then both lights come on

Richard L 26-06-2018 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tezlum (Post 24506)

If the failsafes are set properly only the water level light comes on under any instance when the threshold has been meet or exceeded

This is not true... "water injection led" only comes on when the failsafe triggers inconjuncton with the "water level led"

Normally, the "water injection led" does not come on.

"B" light comes on when the threshold is reached.

Does this make sense?

tezlum 26-06-2018 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard L (Post 24508)
This is not true... "water injection led" only comes on when the failsafe triggers inconjuncton with the "water level led"

Normally, the "water injection led" does not come on.

"B" light comes on when the threshold is reached.

Does this make sense?

Yes that does make sense and how you just described was how it use to be before the issue started.

The only difference that happens now is the water level light comes on with any injection and the water injection never comes on but it does trip the failsafe relay to cut boost.

If the aquamist was seeing a condition where it was out of water or the level sensor was faulted and grounded would the water level light stay on solid or flash

tezlum 26-06-2018 09:17 PM

I could make a video of all the tests if I'm not explaining issue the best