waterinjection.info

waterinjection.info (http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum2/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Aquamist HFS-4 forum (http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum2/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Control board not commanding FAV to open ... not true (http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum2/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=3050)

Richard L 14-04-2018 11:58 PM

Re: Control board not commanding FAV to open .

As I said earlier. I will check the internal of the FAV on Monday. Both. The coil failsafe was the original cause.
Remind me what car and jets you are using.

turboguy 15-04-2018 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard L (Post 24282)
As I said earlier. I will check the internal of the FAV on Monday. Both. The coil failsafe was the original cause.
Remind me what car and jets you are using.

Audi S5 and a 1.0mm -500cc jet spraying at the TB

Richard L 15-04-2018 07:40 AM

Have you checked the jet for blockage before shipping all those parts back to me? That is the most obvious step to do first. Judging from the condition of the filter of the FAV inlet , worth checking the jet and the in-tank filter for blockage.

Can you send a a picture of the in tank filter? unless it is all new since you changed over to DI tank.

turboguy 15-04-2018 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard L (Post 24284)
Have you checked the jet for blockage before shipping all those parts back to me? That is the most obvious step to do first. Judging from the condition of the filter of the FAV inlet , worth checking the jet and the in-tank filter for blockage.

Can you send a a picture of the in tank filter? unless it is all new since you changed over to DI tank.

Yes I did look over the filter and nothing stood out to me as far as it being clogged and yes I have since tossed it when I switched tanks and setup, I also checked the jet during the first stages of trying to figure everything out and when I got the replacement FAV from Howerton the jet was spraying perfect everything was working for a day, I went and redialed in the flow, threshold etc... then parked the car over night and the next day it was back to things not flowing again.

Richard L 18-04-2018 08:36 AM

All tests are completed, every part is working fine (including controller. Only the FAV was broken it doesn't look very healthy from outside either.
We need to look at the installation now after you reinstated all the components.

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum/Turboguy/FAV coil.jpg

where you want me to return to? Pm me.

turboguy 18-04-2018 12:35 PM

Great news and thank you again! PM sent

Richard L 19-04-2018 07:27 AM

Please update what the actual issue is on your system now that we have ruled out the equipment.

turboguy 19-04-2018 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard L (Post 24300)
Please update what the actual issue is on your system now that we have ruled out the equipment.

Will do, soon as I have everything put back together! And thank you again!

turboguy 28-04-2018 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard L (Post 24300)

So it must've been the FAV/relay... hooked everything back up last night, didnt change any of the cables etc.. and it's working perfectly again. Thank you very much for your help, glad its solved now!

Richard L 15-05-2018 06:35 AM

Re: Control board not commanding FAV to open ... not true

It will be the FAV coil. It could be damaged by prolong SYS test.