waterinjection.info

waterinjection.info (http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum2/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Aquamist HFS-6 forum (http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum2/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   "S" off / No bars (http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum2/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2042)

obsolete 12-08-2011 10:55 PM

"S" off / No bars

during "power up procedure" part 3 (pre-cranking), the yellow "water level" light comes on but the "S" and "W Inj" lights do not. If i wait until the water level light dims, when I crank (start) the engine, the "S" lights up for the duration of cranking. The guage bargraph test does nothing. I get no bars at any point. The 100% injection test and the test drive (with injector pointed at windshield) both worked out fine aside from the guage showing nothing more than a flickering water level light.

I've checked all the rj-45 connectors and all pins seem fine, everything is plugged in fully. The guage connector is mirrored as it should be.

What to check next?

Thanks in advance.

Richard L 12-08-2011 11:36 PM

Re: "S" off / No bars

This may sound obvious, can you check if the gauge button is depressed. Don't laugh, it has happened before.

On the bottom left of the controller circuit board, is there a label showing the version number?

One more question, what is the serial number on the top of the FCM,

Richard

Richard

obsolete 12-08-2011 11:41 PM

Yup (used this in conjunction with TST dip-switch for easy leak testing)

My HFS-6 is stickied with 04/10/v3 on bottom left of board

12-135-150 is the only serial # looking thing I could find on the FCM

Richard L 12-08-2011 11:47 PM

The serial number of the top edge of the FCM.

Richard

Richard L 12-08-2011 11:48 PM

Can you tell me what car model is yours.

obsolete 13-08-2011 12:06 AM

Ah! Can't believe I missed that. 090507 is the S/N of the FCM

My car is an 08 WRX sedan.

Richard L 13-08-2011 09:17 AM

Can you please check the following for me:

1. At pre-crank position without starting the engine. Does the "S" and back-lit led light up after the start-up timer lasped. (water level led goes out)
2. After cranking and engine running, does the back-lit led lights up?
3. Engine still idling, can you see the flicker on the green F-IDC led on the circuit board? 4. If so, does it flicker in time with engine speed?

May be it is easier for me to give you a call can do some real time testing during this week end? If this is possible, pm me your phone number.

obsolete 13-08-2011 07:57 PM

1. At pre-crank position without starting the engine. Does the "S" and back-lit led light up after the start-up timer lasped. (water level led goes out) nope
2. After cranking and engine running, does the back-lit led lights up? nope
3. Engine still idling, can you see the flicker on the green F-IDC led on the circuit board? 4. If so, does it flicker in time with engine speed? yup

Odd thing I noticed just now: when I turn my headlamp on or off quickly, the "S" and the backlight light up for a split second. Testing the float sensor turns the water level light on and off as expected. I think I might have a wiring issue. I'll get back to you once I re-check all the wires.

obsolete 14-08-2011 12:50 AM

Update: I won't be doing anything that requires the engine to run for the next couple days. My radiator got into an argument with a pebble and the pebble won. I guess that gives me time to re-check all the wiring.

Edit: all wiring checks out fine.

Richard L 14-08-2011 08:09 AM

There is a purple wire (dimming) on the power connector, can you disconnect this wire and retest.