waterinjection.info

waterinjection.info (http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum2/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Your one-stop search for water/methanol injected cars (http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum2/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Nissan Pulsar GTI-R (http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum2/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1420)

Robbie 26-05-2008 09:20 PM

Nissan Pulsar GTI-R

Hi,ive only just joined this site,i hope ive posted this in the right section! :? ,anyway ive got the chance of an ERL water injection kit for my GTI-R,i know very little about this sort of thing and would appreciate any feedback on it please,has anyone fitted it to the GTI-R?,if so pics would be great,thanks :D
Car is runnig around the 300hp mark,with,exaust,filter,walbro pump,1 bar boost.

Robbie 28-05-2008 06:51 PM

The Above!!!

Thanks for all the great input and info guys!!,must say you really have helped!,22 views and not a thing,what a crap forum.

Richard L 29-05-2008 01:06 AM

I can only apologise.

If you have Aquamist related questions, please post to ERL/Aquamist section. I visit there every day.

PobodY 20-04-2012 07:12 PM

Re: Nissan Pulsar GTI-R

I know this is an old thread, and I'll trawl through the other sections in time, but I might also have GTi-R specific questions.
I've bought a second-hand Aquamist 1S (maybe? Really basic, probably a group-buy on the Owner's Club a few years ago), and I'm trying to work-out what I need to do/buy to get the most from it:
  • I've been trying to calculate the jetting. - I'm not sure if I'm doing it right, so could someone confirm what the pressure should be from the pump in a 1S kit (I think?); I was looking at the page on Howerton Engineering, but that's for a 160psi pump, and I think mine is only 100psi...
  • ...I've only got one jet that came with it; pale blue. Is that a 0.6mm?...
  • ...the jet has got two pieces to it; one attached to the hose, and one with a little brass cone. - Is that just a jet (so I need an adaptor for it), or is that a jet and an adaptor?
  • I've been reading-up on the best place to inject; not before the turbo, but probably before the throttle bodies? Alternatively; put one small jet before the turbo, and a larger one further back? - I've never noticed an intake temperature sensor, so that's not an issue...
  • ....there are four of throttle butterflies. Should I be looking to install four small jets, or is it better to just inject into the plenum somewhere and let the charge mix and hope the distribution will be even enough? - I'm not planning to remap, so post throttle seems like a foolish idea.
  • The dump valve is also attached to the start of the plenum; is that an issue? - I assume it's not because I wouldn't be injecting when the charge is dumped, but potentially there could still be water/methanol vapour present.

I guess those aren't all GTi-R specific, but I have honestly been trying to think before I post so that it doesn't just sound like "tell me how to do it".

PobodY 23-04-2012 04:58 PM

Re: Nissan Pulsar GTI-R

Right, I've been recalculating:

4x444cc injectors.
Use the 15% figure so I'm at the top of 100% water and the bottom of 50%
Gives me ~290cc/min

1.2 bar ~ 17.5psi
My base pressure is 100psi on the 1s
So my x-axis is ~83psi

I want one jet that's between a 0.8mm and a 0.9mm?
...or do I want a 0.6mm before the plenum/intake maifold and a 0.3mm just in front of the turbo? - I like the idea of improving the compressor efficiency, and it seems to me that a smaller injection is less likely to give the big droplets that may damage the blades.

I think I'm going to need some spare parts to put this together? - With all due respect, can I just order the hoses and quick-fit connectors from John Guest? That's where I get similar plumbing fittings for my fridge.