waterinjection.info

waterinjection.info (http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum2/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Aquamist HFS-3 forum (http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum2/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   New install issues (http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum2/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=3133)

rallyfreak202 18-05-2018 12:08 PM

New install issues

Richard,

I’m glad this forum exists. I did some searching and couldn’t find my exact problem although it could be from a clogged line. Please weigh in on your thoughts.

Purchased new late 2017. Installed in 1995 Audi S6. 5cyl turbo. 630cc DEKA high impedance injectors.

Problem 1: “B” on gauge illuminates and then water level sensor illuminates. No flow shown in this condition. I can hear controller click and unclick when condition goes away. I noticed this when I tweaked the SC.

Problem 2: very little flow. Before fault listed above and SC tweaking, I only saw flow at WOT and even then it’s not full flow. Only brief flow. This was right after install but now I have another problem. I adjusted the THRES, GAIN, and FS-DL with hopes of getting more flow from the system at earlier onset. No luck. I believe we should solve this problem after solving the first.

What I’ve done: green IDC illuminates while running, SYS jumped with PRK to see manual flow post FAV (flows well but engine must be on to see flow), and banged my head out of confusion.

Richard L 23-05-2018 05:02 PM

Re: New install issues

Did you get a wiring diagram with the kit with the correct engine code?

rallyfreak202 23-05-2018 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard L (Post 24371)
Did you get a wiring diagram with the kit with the correct engine code?

No, I did not. I used the generic user guide wiring diagram. My engine code is AAN. 1995 Audi S6, 20v 5cyl turbo. I am using VEMS engine management with stock harness.

Richard L 27-05-2018 04:43 PM

Have you checked the injector +/- splice are not swapped?

rallyfreak202 29-05-2018 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard L (Post 24375)
Have you checked the injector +/- splice are not swapped?

I have not. I do have the blinking green LED on the controller board. I think this signals injector pulse. With this working correctly, does that mean I have it wired correctly?

Richard L 30-05-2018 09:45 AM

If the wires are swapped incorrectly, The controller will click as well as the green led. If the connections are correct, only the green led blinks, no clicks on the controller.

Richard L 30-05-2018 11:54 AM

Also can you tell me the serial number of the controller.

rallyfreak202 02-06-2018 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard L (Post 24386)
If the wires are swapped incorrectly, The controller will click as well as the green led. If the connections are correct, only the green led blinks, no clicks on the controller.

I verified the green wire is going to ground side of injector and red is going to positive. I did notice that the negative side of injector (green on Aquamist) would show 14v when keyed on with injector unplugged and only the ECU harness connector plugged into controller. My other injectors will show voltage on negative side when ignition cycled and injector plugged in (no voltage on net side when unplugged and ignition cycled). I’m guessing this is normal.

Now what do I test?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard L (Post 24388)
Also can you tell me the serial number of the controller.