waterinjection.info

waterinjection.info (http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum2/vbulletin/index.php)
-   General Effects (http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum2/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Water/Meth Tank options (http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum2/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1470)

BOTTLEFED 26-01-2009 12:36 AM

Water/Meth Tank options

I'm having trouble finding a tank that will fit my location. There seems to be a very limited size and shape of the tanks available for AI applications.
I was looking at plastic gasoline cans. These look like the same type of plastic used for W/M tanks. Would it be safe to use one of these for a custom AI setup?
I'm thinking of using a 1 or 2 gallon can.

-Tim

Richard L 26-01-2009 01:10 AM

Where are you located?

BOTTLEFED 26-01-2009 08:04 AM

Idaho??

belikemike 25-03-2009 10:42 AM

Can I use my 6 liter aluminum fuel tank to store my mix in. I have it extra from my racing cart, which is no wrecked, Don't ask :mad: I have seen pictures on the net of silver tanks but I do not know if they are aluminum or chrome steel ect.

Thank you

Richard L 25-03-2009 11:38 PM

Re: Water/Meth Tank options

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOTTLEFED
I'm having trouble finding a tank that will fit my location. There seems to be a very limited size and shape of the tanks available for AI applications.
I was looking at plastic gasoline cans. These look like the same type of plastic used for W/M tanks. Would it be safe to use one of these for a custom AI setup?
I'm thinking of using a 1 or 2 gallon can.

-Tim

Tim,

I wasn't being clear. I was asking what car and whereyiu want your tank to be located. Most plastic is good for methanol and water. I can post a few picture of tanks that might fit, once I know what car is yours.

Richard

Richard L 25-03-2009 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belikemike
Can I use my 6 liter aluminum fuel tank to store my mix in. I have it extra from my racing cart, which is no wrecked, Don't ask :mad: I have seen pictures on the net of silver tanks but I do not know if they are aluminum or chrome steel ect.

Thank you

I believe methanol attacks aluminium. Go for plastic tanks.

nutron 28-03-2009 07:13 PM

Methanol does attack aluminium, I just used the 25ltr plastic container the Methanol came in. I stuck it in the boot, put a hole in the lid and pushed a hose to the bottom. Then I put a few more small holes in the lid to prevent a vacuum forming and off I went. My pump is as low on the car as possible, so even the bottom of the boot is much higher, consequently it flows through very well and I only have to top it up every three weeks now.

Richard L 28-03-2009 07:31 PM

This is the best method I have seen for years. :lol:

Kuberia 10-05-2010 09:03 AM

yea i will not recomend aluminium too...its "eats" whole tank.so try platic one this will help

thefalls 11-05-2010 04:12 PM

If methanol eats aluminium then wont it affect the cylinder head after prolonged use of water/methanol injection?
Or does the water decrease the corrosive effects of the methanol?
Thanks.