waterinjection.info

waterinjection.info (http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum2/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gallery - NEW (http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum2/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   RICESP Water Injected RX7 (http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum2/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1590)

RICE RACING 18-04-2010 03:30 AM

Re: RICESP Water Injected RX7

Yesterday a customer of mine with 100% water injection set up, this is one of my old systems fitted to a 12A (running cosmo top intake manifold!) Rotary street port running 18psi boost pressure.... (see non adjustable atomizer fitted in bottom left of pic).

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...o/CIMG0039.jpg

He dyno'd 478hp @ the hubs on a dynapack chassis dyno = around 550bhp using the conventional 1.15TCF these specify.

RICE RACING 20-04-2010 03:05 AM

Just a summary, now I have settled on 4 turns setting on my RRWEP110 atomizer = 555cc/min & 11.1:1 AFR, its around 25% W/M to Fuel ratio at maximum power, higher percentage at lower rpm's.

Needed some safety factor against any unstable combustion to cover all situations. Have it permanently set on 1.33kg/cm boost. Took some adjustment of fuel tables to give target AFR from 2000rpm to 8000rpm.

*listed below from my earlier post/tests*

o.k. here is an update with more specifics as done so far, cause I am very familiar with my cars feeling and acceleration and have on board power measures as well I decided to do some longer term testing in all conditions to make sure its reliable before I go and hook up my VBOX and make an official comparison to the base I posted before.

Parameters:
1.20kg/cm boost, no fuel map to timing adjustments
1000km running of these various settings equally distributed.

Water flow rate
2.5 turns setting 404cc/min = good power feeling
11.3:1 AFR

Water methanol 50/50
3.0 turns setting 462cc/min = better power than pure water
10.9:1 AFR

Water methanol 50/50
2.5 turns setting 404cc/min = best power so far (car feels strongest of all combination's trialed)
11.1:1 AFR

So I have decided to settle on the last setting, there is no knock and the engine restarts :lol: and its in one piece :lol: General feeling is the car is fast (which is good) so from this point I will do a more thorough analysis and comparison of the performance.

Richard L 09-05-2010 09:43 AM

I love those minute details, makes very interesting readings. Can you post some logs on the AFR on each gears - one of the more difficult target to achieve.

RICE RACING 11-05-2010 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard L (Post 12746)
I love those minute details, makes very interesting readings. Can you post some logs on the AFR on each gears - one of the more difficult target to achieve.

Hi Richard,

I ended up trying various other settings 4 turns, 3.5 turns, now back to 3 turns. The reason for this was I was on 2.5 turns for a long time and had the slightest amount of pinging after one test, car was restarted after being hot (sitting for 30 minutes) and all intake manifolding stays hot and on a 3rd gear pull it indicated very minor knock.

I ended up changing fuel supply from Shell to BP, reduced some timing, increased some W/M mixture and have not been able to replicate the condition again. Power was back to 273rwkw and 90-140 times in 2.76 seconds on 4 turns out ~11.1:1 AFR. So now went back to 3 turns setting removed a tiny bit of fuel at 7500rpm to 8000rpm and I think its all finally set@!

So much work to fine tune it all, stupid amount really... don't want to be doing it again in a hurry.

I am taking the car to race it at the World Time Attack Challenge in 10 days time, I'll have plenty of logged track data then hopefully. On the way back if I have time I will put it on my friends Dyno Dynamics dyno at this current 1.3bar boost setting and see what it puts out on that system too.

Peter

RICE RACING 27-05-2010 11:18 PM

Little update on the world time attack challenge.

I did not do too well personally only getting in 5 laps before the brakes decided to not work on my own car (things happen!) but on a much more positive note a Mazda RX7 fitted with my RRWEP110 Water Injection system totally dominated the open class (rotary runners)! over 4.4 seconds faster than the next mega dollar (money wasted?) kiddie internet special wanker specification car LOL. To add insult to injury for the car that got totally decimated by the water injected one it had an EPIC engine failure (3 day old $10,000 engine build!).... just goes to show internet knowledge and shit talk does not equal engineering experience on making rotaries reliable and fast no matter what fuel type you decide to run.

Both cars were running E85 fuel.

When I got home I have another E-Mail from a 6 cylinder friend who has run another pre turbo RRWEP110 kit on a customers car and on 25psi T51 turbo they managed 705rwhp through a standard automatic transmission, car is driven to drag track and does 10.5@136mph on radial street tires, over 10,000km running on the standard engine block *impressive*

When I get a chance I will upload some pictures of the cars.

p.s. My car was running exactly *on VBOX* 273rwkw @ 18.5psi boost when run at this track so the power was very consistent, engine was perfect, just need to sort out my brakes and will be back out and show what a real reliable road set up can do.

Richard L 10-06-2010 07:52 AM

This is a very exciting news, I bet you will more watert injected car in the next race. There is no better than the incylinder cooling effct of water when you are are under extreme racing conditions.

The WRC is a fine example of using WI. Highly stressed engine, lack of road speed. It has been used for a good 11 years until some guy in grey suit decided to ban it to save a few dollars.

Get the brakes and show them what you can do with sound engineering and water injection.

RICE RACING 10-06-2010 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard L (Post 12960)
This is a very exciting news, I bet you will more watert injected car in the next race. There is no better than the incylinder cooling effct of water when you are are under extreme racing conditions.

The WRC is a fine example of using WI. Highly stressed engine, lack of road speed. It has been used for a good 11 years until some guy in grey suit decided to ban it to save a few dollars.

Get the brakes and show them what you can do with sound engineering and water injection.

You cant teach engineering to monkeys mate. :)

WI is the ultimate, but we are talking to people here who have the qualifications to understand why... that helps lol.

*NOTE* a computer and internet connection does not equal qualifications/knowledge/understanding/ability...... < I think most forget this in this "electronic age"

Howerton Engineering 10-06-2010 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RICE RACING (Post 12961)
You cant teach engineering to monkeys mate. :)

WI is the ultimate, but we are talking to people here who have the qualifications to understand why... that helps lol.

*NOTE* a computer and internet connection does not equal qualifications/knowledge/understanding/ability...... < I think most forget this in this "electronic age"

You might have a better chance with monkeys than some folks..........:)

RICE RACING 31-08-2010 11:30 AM

Been stupidly busy with work to post up here, sorry WI fans :)

Car is in same basic configuration, I have replaced my EGT sensors with *Inconel 600* encased versions since the SS316 ones were not durable enough past 40 hours. Sorted out the brakes :) & changed some specifications of various other misc parts (nothing fancy just some plumbing).

Keen as to get out and do some more testing, Spring time here tomorrow (though we cant really say its ever Winter here!) :)

Richard L 31-08-2010 01:05 PM

Yes, no more cracks. But mega bucks.

SS310 is a cheaper alternative.