waterinjection.info

waterinjection.info (http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum2/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Aquamist HFS-4 forum (http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum2/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Pump Wiring Harness / Level Sensor 2 pin Connector (http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum2/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=3074)

Gclasse 07-06-2017 03:44 AM

Pump Wiring Harness / Level Sensor 2 pin Connector

2 Attachment(s)
Hello, just found out that the level sensor 2 pin connector is missing from the used HSF4 kit i bought, can anyone point me where i can source the 2 pin connector that is currently on the kit?? otherwise i will repair with a standard connector it but will have to cut and change the level sensor cable end as well.

Attachment 477

By the way, i'll be installing in a 996

Attachment 476

Richard L 07-06-2017 05:44 PM

Re: Pump Wiring Harness / Level Sensor 2 pin Connector

The connector is made by tyco or amp. You can use any pair of mating connectors for this

Gclasse 08-06-2017 04:48 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hey Richard! thanks for the Info.. i ended up using a Molex Male / Female connector plus added a little bit more or cable. Continuity checked on all cables and everything in good shape now!

some pics

Attachment 478

Attachment 479

Richard L 08-06-2017 08:03 AM

Thank for the update... All good.

Gclasse 09-06-2017 03:37 AM

Richard, can you tell me the dimensions of all the orings used in the system? Also the one that goes on the right angle fitting as well!

Richard L 10-06-2017 08:07 AM

I don't know the size of the o-ring on the right-angle fitting as we don't make them.
There are many o-rings on the system , be a bit more specific.

Gclasse 13-06-2017 04:01 AM

Don't worry Richard, Jeff (Howerton engineering) sent me some spare orings on different sizes. All good now!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard L (Post 23788)
I don't know the size of the o-ring on the right-angle fitting as we don't make them.
There are many o-rings on the system , be a bit more specific.

Gclasse 13-06-2017 04:09 AM

another question on my install

3 Attachment(s)
Richard, on my setup (porsche), i decided to install the nozzles at both intercoolers sides. Therefore, I placed the FAV close to driver side intercooler and from there I ran the 4mm tubing to a check valve which was then distributed to each intercooler. Refer to pictures included.

On your experience, Is there a concern with the total length of the 4mm used on this setup?

Richard L 13-06-2017 07:03 AM

I suggest putting an inline checkvalve near the far-away jet to stop water siphoning after lift off.

Gclasse 13-06-2017 08:48 PM

Got it, ordered one from your website today! thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard L (Post 23799)
I suggest putting an inline checkvalve near the far-away jet to stop water siphoning after lift off.