waterinjection.info

waterinjection.info (http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum2/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Avoiding Disaster (http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum2/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Improving my system (http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum2/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1098)

sdminus 11-06-2006 01:46 PM

Improving my system

Hi,

I run a coolingmist system running 100% Methanol running about 15% of my overall fuel requirements. I am currently addding loads of timing adv with the help of a knock sensor and egt gauge. I intend to get my tune a lot closer than i currently am.

I've had a few close calls with the fittings jumping off at times. ( i have survived by luck and a gut fealing something was wrong )

With the major performance gains avalable i feal its time up up the quality of the system. I am happy enopugh with the controller and the amount i am injecting but dont like the fittings. Where do i go from here.

Scott

Richard L 11-06-2006 02:12 PM

what type of fitting are you using now? the pushing fitting is reliable for up to 20 bar. Ay eyou concerning about the barb fitting blowing off?

sdminus 11-06-2006 02:36 PM

I currently have the bard type. I really dont rate them. I wanna imporve it from the tank to the final point. I am interested in the aquamist nozzels. I run 5.5gph at 100 psi. Is there a close comparason

Scott

Richard L 11-06-2006 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdminus
I currently have the bard type. I really dont rate them. I wanna imporve it from the tank to the final point. I am interested in the aquamist nozzels. I run 5.5gph at 100 psi. Is there a close comparason

Scott

I think the nearest one to it is 1mm 806-325 (hosetail for 4mm) 806-356 (hosetail for 6mm). The jet does not have any internal filter, you may bneed to get a 100um for the inlet of the Shurflo pump.

Richard

sdminus 13-06-2006 07:19 PM

Thanks Richard.

I need to check out the web site to see what you have on there. I want to keep the pump and the controller. The rest i can ditch/change for better reliablity

Scott

sdminus 08-07-2006 06:09 PM

Richard. I am going to order the nozzels this week. I have 6mm lines. ( basically they are pneumatic lines )
I am going to up my flow to around 8 or more gph at 100psi. I think that is about 500 +cc/1. I currently have the coolingmist nozzels but the spray pattern looks better on the aquamist ones. As well as the nozzels is there a push fit conector for them to attach to my 6mm line.

Scott

Richard L 10-07-2006 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdminus
Richard. I am going to order the nozzels this week. I have 6mm lines. ( basically they are pneumatic lines )
I am going to up my flow to around 8 or more gph at 100psi. I think that is about 500 +cc/1. I currently have the coolingmist nozzels but the spray pattern looks better on the aquamist ones. As well as the nozzels is there a push fit conector for them to attach to my 6mm line.

Scott

We only keep barbed hosetail jets for the 4mm (2.5mm id) and 6mm (4mm id) line.

Richard