View Single Post
Old 25-02-2008, 07:02 PM

Default Re: Tuning for water injection: fuel, ignition, and EGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_boy
Now one thing I've notice in the various "calculators" I've browsed is that more power can be had with lower AFR than 12.5. While this is the fuel ratio of optimal power per gram of fuel, it may not in practice be the AFR of best power. So, I question the assertion that 12.5 AFR should necessarily be the starting goal for best power.
I would think that a safe AFR would be based on the amount of meth injected. Not to sure how a mixture of water and meth would play into effect since I have only run meth. Stoich for gasoline and meth are different. With that in mind more meth means a richer AFR. Well at least this is what I see on my car, the only problem I have is that I am spraying the same amount of meth at all boost levels, since it is a single stage injection that turns on at 20psi. It does seem to have a bit of lag down low and maybe it would be smart to run a leaner mixture at lower RPMs to help with spoolup. It is something I have been thinking about but ran out of time last year since my car is not driven in the winter.

When it get nice out I am going to attempt to run one more jet and hopefully 3-4 more pounds of boost.

Victor

97 GSX, 32 psi with 1.0 & 0.8mm jets @ 100psi with 93 octane, roughly 12.8GPH.